Playing with these logic gates reminded me of my intro to computer engineering class so I decided to dig up a project I worked on and implement it in ONI. In order to do that I needed to see if a four bit seven segment display would work... so far I'm on the right track.

It's a bit bulky but I wanted to make sure my gates were functioning correctly first before I tried to make it compact:

5a071b9eaa9ba_SevenSegmentDisplay.thumb.jpg.8bad13b001ff66308a333c187451f706.jpg

Not very practical, but definitely was fun getting to work.

Right now it handles up to 0-9 but I think I messed up somewhere since it doesn't handle A-F correctly.

My aim is to try and make a 4 digit clock that shows the ingame time of day as a 12:00 format, but that depends on how much I can compact this display circuit. Let me know what you think.

Seven Segment Display.sav

Is it just decimal or hexadecimal like the one I did when automation upgrade just came out?

Decimal display encoders can be made very small indeed. Full hexadecimal? Not so much. But I can make it smaller than by moving some of the gates into the bus but it will also be less intuitive for people building to debug.

2017-11-05 (1).png

Its just a decimal 7 segment. My old project was a set of 4 displays where you would have a set of numbers scroll across the four displays. I'm still refreshing myself on what I can do with logic gates and digging through old assignments so my circuit looks like trash compared to that lol. I got so into making this I didn't think to check if anyone else had done it.

On a side note, I've spent enough time looking at red and green wires that I think I'm gonna skip the holidays this year.

51 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I made another try at a minimized decimal display encoder and got it down to 17 logic gates and 6 not gates in a 13x14 tile square.

If it works, it's amazing how you managed to reduce its size !

Is there a way, to make a nice digit display, to leave some messages?
I did that manually and use automation, only to switch zones manually off (to prevent the red icon), but visuals are not good/great?

hi_you_ani.thumb.gif.f610803760f65d111cfcf239264b2eed.gif

OT: Can someone of you please, find to a solution here (without switching files, when possible(usability)?

Archived