Should Forge Weapons and Armor be passed to DST?

Just curious to know what people think about this, because I don't know if it's a good idea or not. They obviously would need some re-balancing. 

I mainly would like to see the Pith Pike and the Forging Hammer, because they make PVP and PVE fights so much more dynamic.  I think they should be craft-able at the Ancient Pseudoscience Station, making them late-game items. I still think DST is really unbalanced if you are playing by yourself and trying to fight bosses solo. Yes, I know they are possible, but a lot of them require cheap tactics (e.g. fences for Beequeen or stone walls for Dragonfly). So I think adding these items would make these fights finally balanced and because they require a lot of effort to obtain, the difficulty is still there. 

Darts would be pointless, and if they are infinite like they are in Forge, they would be way to OP. So I would forget about them.

Seeing some of the armor from Forge would be nice too. Although, a lot of it is very similar to what we already have.

Finally, I would LOVE to see the Living Staff in DST. It would make fights, both PVE and PVP, so much more interesting. 

The Tome of Petrification is too similar to Sleepytime Stories and Infernal Staff would be too OP.

I would say that it would just be a better idea to make a forge PVP rather than just throw this in normal DST. 

I mean, from what i've seen, there isn't a lot of people who likes PVP on normal DST and I feel like forge PVP would be so much smoother.

I mean, who wants to fight that Wolfgang that's always mighty all the time? 

In terms of regular PVE, Klei should just give all downgrade. Not like "let's remove anything that's speical about this item and make a sper that deals more dmg" but just something along the lines of being able to use special attacks that have so cooldown (with the weapons being able to be destroyed with too much use).

Honestly, I kinda just want a RPG-like gamplay with these items rather than surival. Heck, i'll even pay money for Klei to make a DST game that's kinda like an RPG but with the aspects of the forge. 

I don't think the forge weapons should be added into the base game directly, but I do like the mechanic of weapons having a special attack. I would like to see some new weapons added into the base game using that mechanic. At the very least I'd like to see it applied to the lazy explorer to prevent misclick teleportations.

Archived