Power Transformers cycling on and off continually

In my most recent game, I've been having this weird issue where my power transformers continually cycle on and off for no apparent reason. This is is happening even when my batteries are full.

The circuit stats *is* showing that I'm using (roughly) 3.5 KW / 2.5 KW, but shouldn't the batteries be able to pick up the slack in that case?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.3cee435806b9cee44014499a1d1ef080.png

Good point. Here it is.

My general strategy with power distribution has always been to connect all the power generators, batteries, and transformers together using heavy power cables, and send power each individual level of my base with a transformer. The funny thing is that this is working just fine. The transformers are randomly turning on and off (all at the same time), but it doesn't seem to be affecting my base at all.

image.thumb.png.d7e04d297f8645f3263c973797bae03b.png

image.thumb.png.ee30f11ea89ae48627e5b942049948f8.png

It's an animation bug. I remember seeing reports on it in bug reports and think I also recall seeing it once or twice myself. I think I cured it by putting a battery on the consumer side the transformer on circuits that has a greater 1KW potential load regardless of the actual load. I'm not sure though because it only happened once or twice to me, and as you say, it doesn't affect anything.

Archived