Enemy Health

watermelen671

I'm just curious is all. I'm wondering if anybody knows how much health each enemy in The Forge has.

I know it's standard for Don't Starve to not show the health, but it is also standard practice in MMO Raids to at least show a health bar, or even how much health the thing actually has. (Which this is trying to be)

Spoiler

"Well, if ya git gud and actually communicate wit people, maybe you wouldn't be complaining ya n00b!" 

First of all, shut up. Just stop. 

You vets get yer wickers in a twist at the slightest notion of someone suggesting it's "too hard", I know this can be beaten. I understand that. 

Second, most of the time I'm hitting Quick Match, because I don't have the time nor the energy to put together an elitist group of the most hardcore players, and I'm often at the mercy of the people the game gives me.

I just wanna know how beefy these ****ers are DAMMIT!!

I would love a health bar, but if thats too much, how about a simple arrow that changes colour above the targeted enemies head? Or maybe the name of the enemy when hovered over changes colour depending on its HP.

Green being high on HP and red being low. Doesn't show numbers but will still help people know which enemies to focus (especially those enemies that don't change their attacks depending on their HP)

I wanted to write this! :) 

I'd love bars, it'll help to unite our glorious gladiators :D 

cuz, if typical guy sees 5 full HP tortanks, and 1 with low, red bar. He/She'll go for the low one.

This would help to make people stay focused on right enemies :p 

(sry for Eng :) )

it's funny you mention the quickplay thing because my first victory was with 3 randos and 2 friends of mine, and one of them had their first victory with 4 randos and 1 friend. In their first victory, they had an AFK, and in ours we had a bad winona who took every item regardless of who should be using them and would frequently revive people while wilson was walking up to them so they'd start with no hp. 

Regardless of that, we still won.

So i'd say it boils down to just having 3-4 people who know what they're doing. 

It WOULD be helpful to have an indicator of which mobs have low health, because when one person is kiting a boarilla and everyone's killing the other one and they get too close together the targets can get switched around and its not good, but... maybe make that an optional feature?

I don't know how feasible it'd be but feel like having customizable settings on Forge matches the way there are on DST sandbox maps would be cool. People could make less brutal matches to play with just a couple of friends, while the players who enjoy the more challenging mode can still play it.

Or instead of enemy health, maybe some shout that paints an arrow on a target. And more arrows in general, pings like in League of Legends. Like "go here" or "avoid here". But mainly a focus arrow so that even the most braindead Webber knows what to hit.

Because you tell everybody to stay on a target but 3 seconds later you have 1 people on each turtank, then everybody dying to 6 beyblades, then complaining like dumbasses (that refused to listen for the 10th time) for nerfs.

Archived