Scalemails are a separate skin?

ClumsyPenny

I noticed this beta added 3 new log suit skins and as it's customary, if an item with a skin is used to craft a second item, the second item will also have a reskinned version (straw hat unlocks miner hat and rain hat, spear unlocks ice staff and fire staff, cane unlocks lazy explorer). But in the case of the log suit unlocking the scalemail, it looks like as if the scalemail skin is separate from the log suit one, even if they look very similar. Here's some screenshots as an example:

image.png.7e374d66bba695d7cc986aea30e815e3.pngimage.png.7f5fc2ce62fe0ad6aa3adde1da5df379.pngimage.png.461fe638c5f9f99c8966ba4a5f84c628.pngimage.png.0d6bbad2134682fee31671beba1c248c.png

It would really suck having to unlock each skin separately, as there's 3 log suit skins and 3 scalemail skins (and scalemails are rarely used). It would also be consistent with the rest of the skins.

(There's also a typo where torch reskins say "Reskins Torchs", the end is nigh! reskin say "Reskins The End is Nigh!s" and staff reskins say "Reskins Fire/Ice Staffs")

Yeah honestly, it just feels like they're padding out the chests with that. Not that I'm complaining since the chances of getting a good item in chests are considerably higher.

36 minutes ago, Electroely said:

both staffs and staves are correct you d*p

was that really necessary lol. Either way they removed it and now it just says "Reskins Fire Staff and Ice Staff" which keeps everyone happy. (and it was conflicting with stuff like "Torchs" and "End Is Nigh!s")

On 28.10.2017 at 11:51 AM, Lumina said:

It's ok for me, they spent a lot of time creating a lot of items and skins and they need a big amount of skins to make the system works. It's not i'm against a change but i think they made it this way for a good reason.

remove scalemale reskins and add forge hammer and spear, so it's only 1 skin less, but they will become much cooler and make people happy when they open it. It can also make people buy log suit reskin and other skins they didn't get during the event

15 hours ago, Lumina said:

Maybe they didn't add theses as skin because they want to add them as weapon after the event or something ? Hammer is not often used as a weapon, so a reskin for the hammer would not be as cool as a new hammer.

Hammer is not often used as weapon, but it's often used as tool. Would be nice to see new weapons

Archived