Some suggestions

Hi, I love this game. It's really good to sit down and play for a couple hours after a particularly stressful day at work.

The thing is, whenever I'm playing, there is a couple of things I wish the game had, which would make it perfect for my particular taste/play style, and I want to bounce it off the developers and the community to see what is everyone's opinions about it.

Some of it may have already been suggested before, but honestly I didn't have time to check the other posts. Just want to finish this quickly and go back playing :p

1. I would like the temperature to exchange between things faster; gas pressure to homogenize and liquid to flow quicker.

2. A high power gas pump to suck gases faster, like 10x faster. Could required more energy, materials and advanced research to work. I don't mean the existing pump to be faster, but to have a higher level option.

3. Advanced batteries, capable of holding 10x more energy. Or perhaps add lithium to the game and make lithium batteries hold substantially more energy.

4. A condenser. Input gas and output liquid.

5. A boiler. Input liquid, output gas.

6. New powered sound isolating doors. Rooms surrounded by those don't make noise unless there is a dupe inside.

7. Powered doors should require less energy. I think 120w is quite a lot. I know at the moment power is not required at all, but I would rather not have to make sure my cables go around the door to avoid wasting that energy. Plus, I read somewhere that the door only uses energy when activated, but I noticed it uses energy all the time. I might be mistaken.

8. Proper airlocks. Door at once side, dupe goes in, all air is sucked out very quickly, then the other door opens, air gets sucked again.

9. Ability to move storage containers without having to use the teleport cheat. By the way, sometimes the "load indicator" disappears from some of my containers. Would be nice to have it fixed.

10. Tranquilizer guns to catch animals instead of traps.

11. Animal breeding. Would like to be able to multiply my animals and use some of them for food.

12. Machine that makes bleach stone by combining chlorine with something else.

13. Machine that makes hand sanitizer by combining bleach stone with something else. Hand sanitizer does not emits chlorine and it's used by the hand sanitizer thgings instead of bleach stone.

14. Permeable floors. Floors where only three sides lets water and gas pass and one side doesn't. I want this to easily remove CO2 and Hydrogen from living spaces.

That's it :)

#4 a condenser - you can build this.  Search for 'hydrogen radiator'  or 'oxygen liquifier' for a start.  I wouldn't be opposed to an all-in-one building, but the power cost would would need to be far higher than building your own, and/or use high tier materials.

#7 - powered doors only use energy when being used.  It's true that if you look at the energy tab, they add to the 'potential' maximum of the circuit, but this is only true at the moment the door is operating.  That network energy total includes all *potential* users, not just the ones drawing power at that moment.

#8 - one-stop airlock.  A lot of people do request this.  Again, it is possible to build it your self, using a gas pump between to airlock doors, possibly with a filter to separate one out.  Again, if Klei adds an all-in-one building for this (which I think is doubtful) I would hope it costs more power than building it yourself (or uses high tier materials)

#13 - hand sanitizers as they are do *not* off-gas chlorine anymore (they used to).  If you're seeing random chlorine in your base, it's due to the bleachstone your dupes were carrying offgassing during transport.

Hey man, 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

It was really cool to see your feedback. 

#4 - Yeah I do my own condensers and boilers by buiding my own contraptions and that is actually fun, but they are huge, they take a lot of space. Perhaps a all-in-one machine would be too easy and take the fun out of building our own thing, so yeah I agree it should be expensive in materials to build and power hungry to maintain. 

#7 when looking at the energy tab,  I saw it being added to the actual "consumed" total. I will double check that. Will be really cool if it really only uses energy when used. 

#8 yeah that is exaclty how I do it. I either do short airlocks with a filter or longer ones with two pumps one each side. 

#13 yes, the thing is that I have to store the bleach stone for the hand sanitizers in a room that eventually fills with chlorine. I wish I could make a hand sanitizer liquid that does not emit chlorine that I could store safely and use it to refill the hand sanitizer machines instead of bleach stones. 

Hey man,  thanks again :)

5 hours ago, Lord Murden said:

#13 yes, the thing is that I have to store the bleach stone for the hand sanitizers in a room that eventually fills with chlorine. I wish I could make a hand sanitizer liquid that does not emit chlorine that I could store safely and use it to refill the hand sanitizer machines instead of bleach stones. 

Store the bleach stone underwater... Then it will not convert into chlorine gas. The same works for poluted dirt, stopping it from generating poluted O2.

14 hours ago, Lord Murden said:

Ya, being able to use liquid chlorine would probably be a good thing, since bleachstone isn't renewable.

And you know, even though I say I think it's unlikely Klei would add all-in-one airlocks (mainly because we can build them ourselves), at the same time the Oil Update gave us the 2-3 most requested things previously: animal traps, atmo suits, and mirrorable transformers.  So who knows, maybe they'll give us 1-piece airlocks too.

21 hours ago, PrimeIce said:

Store the bleach stone underwater... Then it will not convert into chlorine gas. The same works for poluted dirt, stopping it from generating poluted O2.

oh... that is a brilliant idea. I haven' ttought about that. do the storage containers work underwater? 

4 hours ago, Lord Murden said:

oh... that is a brilliant idea. I haven' ttought about that. do the storage containers work underwater? 

They do.  They also work without a floor under them.  So you can pack a 4-high room solid-full of storage compactors and the ones hovering in air will have the 'no foundation' symbol, but your dupes will still use them just fine.  Obviously you have to build the top row first, on a floor, then remove the floor, then build the bottom row directly under. 

Hi Brummbar,

In regard to the mechanized doors, I found that they use power whenever they are open.

So, if you set it to Auto, indeed it will only consume power in the short moment it is activated, but if you leave it open, then it uses power continuously.

6 hours ago, Lord Murden said:

hahaha this is so cool :D do you think Klei will keep it like that or patch it at some point?

I sure hope they patch it out.  But it's been like that awhile, and I think been bug reported many times.

4 hours ago, Lord Murden said:

So, if you set it to Auto, indeed it will only consume power in the short moment it is activated, but if you leave it open, then it uses power continuously.

That makes sense.  I've never set one of them for permanent open so I never actually had occasion to notice it.  Why would you need to set them for that?  If you want to have a door but have it always open (perhaps as part of a room boundary) then just use a pneumatic door.  Less material, no decor penalty, and also no power.

I will sometimes use doors to facilitate temporary passage for gas that I can close quickly with a single dupe action. The problem is there is no reason to power the mechanized doors that I am aware of now, and they just create a hassle when planning power line routes. They were previously powered to give them access control functionality, which was very handle for specific circumstances, but now all doors have it.

just saying i run a high end computer that costs 2800 and its designed for gaming 2016. in the current state using only half of the asteroid and its slowly damaging my motherboard from high temperature.(not visibly but known). making the changes to the liquid flow and gas flow would fry my well cooled gpu in ten minutes flat, they really got lucky pushing the limit as it is and the game isnt even developed enough to run the whole asteroid yet. they would have to obfuscate, encrypt, and serialize the major branches of the code tree for each build to make it run fast enough- and i dont think thats going to happen. when their all done making the game thier might be some final optimizations cranking a maximum of 46% faster flow, but thats about it. for now you can probably expect more monsters, resources, and researchable buildings they will employ.

Archived