Are slickers too OP?

I mean, just a couple totally eliminate the need for carbon scrubbers.  You can consume 100% of your power generated CO2 without any work.  I have one scrubber at bottom of base to take away DUP CO2 but that's it.  Saves tons of water too.  Seems a little too OP IMHO.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

I mean, just a couple totally eliminate the need for carbon scrubbers.  You can consume 100% of your power generated CO2 without any work.  I have one scrubber at bottom of base to take away DUP CO2 but that's it.  Saves tons of water too.  Seems a little too OP IMHO.

Saves tons of water? Don't feed them all of your co2 - you'll need some to make polluted water ;) 

9 hours ago, Executive_Lurker said:

the opportunity cost in this game is incredible. Where you see an all too easy solution, another will see a PW deficit. I love it! so many cool solutions.

i used to relish PW for fertilizers but now I just hatch coal and nat gas geysers for tons of power.  But yes, many options, just wish some were not soooo much better that you have to force yourself to not use them!

9 hours ago, chemie said:

i used to relish PW for fertilizers but now I just hatch coal and nat gas geysers for tons of power.  But yes, many options, just wish some were not soooo much better that you have to force yourself to not use them!

Yeah, petroleum is a bit too overpowered... Way more than fertilizer synth builds.

Nothing about this game should be taken as what is or isn't realistic or too much or less thereof.  You've got crude oil wells that are somehow not pressurized when the very concept of crud oil existence requires immense amounts of geological pressure - on an asteroid floating in space - that somehow shows respect to the concept of gravity by example of buoyant gasses and falling liquids - in what appears to be a relatively very low mass asteroid.   :D

3 hours ago, Kermack said:

Nothing about this game should be taken as what is or isn't realistic or too much or less thereof.  You've got crude oil wells that are somehow not pressurized when the very concept of crud oil existence requires immense amounts of geological pressure - on an asteroid floating in space - that somehow shows respect to the concept of gravity by example of buoyant gasses and falling liquids - in what appears to be a relatively very low mass asteroid.   :D

Incorrect, the concept of crude oil existence doesn't require anything at all.

Archived