Dumping heat without a void and for good

I noticed something - temperature of released by a synthetiser natural gas is fixed on 30 degrees and polluted water pumped in it maybe still near 100 deegres, so we can use it as a cooling agent, to some point, so that we would have two tanks - one with regular temperatured polluted water and one with heated up polluted water - whis would have your hydrogen pipes in it and the hydrogen would cyrculate from your gas/water coocling box.

Is Dev going to fix Dropping water bug and this Synthesizer''s heat elimination? or should we think it is the world law? there's no sweat avoid Dropping water cheat(water won't be cooled easily though), but Synthesizer''s isn't.

There are multiple ways to cool things down:

• Fertilizer maker (both outputs at fixed temp). Polluted water can be safely heated to 120C.
  • Natgas and oil gens produce output at their own temperature, so if you cool them down enough, they produce coolant. Both oil and gas can be heated to 170C (near aquatuner limit) safely.
  • Electrolyzer has fixed temp output
  • At some point shower and lavatory produced fixed temp output. Not sure if it's still in.
  • Irrigated plants destroy liquids
  • Water filter has fixed temp output, though it's relatively expensive compared to other options
  • Refinery has fixed output temp. Oil can be heated to 170C.

Note that to properly exploit the fixed temperatures, you need to avoid supplying too much input at once. Try to keep everything in abyssalite pipes, only feed buildings through nearby valves set to exact values needed, and start things dry (no input). That way you will avoid hot oil/gas/water reacting with environment.

48 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Note that to properly exploit the fixed temperatures, you need to avoid supplying too much input at once. Try to keep everything in abyssalite pipes, only feed buildings through nearby valves set to exact values needed, and start things dry (no input).

That's new to me, as far as I remember stored resources never had any heat interaction (neither in machines nor in plants). Did this change? If not then valves and non-overfeeding is pointless, you only need to use abyssalite pipes.

Just now, Kasuha said:

That's new to me, as far as I remember stored resources never had any heat interaction (neither in machines nor in plants). Did this change? If not then valves and non-overfeeding is pointless, you only need to use abyssalite pipes.

Yeah, this changed somewhere during the outbreak update. I made sure to double check, because I once said something like this before it was implemented. Nowadays you can see the temperature changing if the mass of the input is low enough.

On a side note, this interaction seems to prevent phase change. Water that is cooled down below -5C will not freeze if it is in a hydroponic tile at that time.

Archived