My suggestions/ideas for Hamlet

I realise people will complain I posted it now, but to be honest, it'd be too late if i did it any other time.

My ideas:

Hamlet takes place in the Reign of Giants world, with a twist.

Howl Hounds

Quests(?) - Really not sure on this one, the more I think the more I seem to dislike it.

Characters:

A pig character - Becomes a Werepig on Full Moons, or if he eats too much monster meat. Can't wear body armour, but can wear hats. Naturally befriends all pigs as his way to survive, so he can build a team of Pigs. Pigs can hold items, wear hats, etc. An explorer character.

Worldgen changes (in ROG world):

ROG now has an Ocean!

Hamlet is it's own island within the RoG world, mostly the new Jungle, but with the Hamlet hidden inside.

Islands are NOT at sea level like SW. No tide coming in/out or anything like that. They're raised up like generic ROG.

Other islands could include: New Hamlet biomes, SW biomes (if enabled), small Jungle islands with tombs to raid, etc or even some plain ROG biomes.

Some of Hamlet's biomes would likely also be added to the mainland, minus the Hamlet. Some tombs could be there too.

The ocean would need new content if SW was not enabled, however if it is, SW content should be mixed in, as it's own islands & water content (SW islands being at sea level)

Tweaks/changes (in ROG world):

Howl Hounds now appear (based off a concept art from Jeff Agala. I'll link it if I find it.) - Either past a certain day, Howl Hounds slowly replace hounds, or they spawn in "Hard" biomes, such as the tropical jungle from Hamlet, or they spawn from Varg.

Hamlet town ideas:

Nautical Store - Sells certain types of sails or other items that would be otherwise unavailable, either due to the lack of SW or unrenewable resources.

New craftables:

Boardwalk Turf - Can be placed on the ocean, where it appears ABOVE the ocean. It's raised up like ROG ground, allowing you to sail under or walk atop.

Dock Turf - Identical to Boardwalk Turf, but is at sea level. Floods, can't be sailed under.

Quest ideas (not sure on these):

Packages: Crumpled or Wrapped packages you are asked to deliver to the Hamlet or Pig Village (to a specific pig, with houses now spawning their own unique pig. Like a house that only spawns Chris, or Russel.)

SW integration: 

Tropic Islands: SW islands now spawn around the ROG mainland, however they are AT sea level, and show Beach as their default turf (dug up) instead of Barren.

Sea: SW Jellyfish, Dogfish, Shoals, Mussel Beds, Swordfish, Watery Graveyards, etc. All spawn in the ocean.

Beach Cave entrances: 2/3 more caves per world, with entrances spawning on beaches, taking the appearance of an enlarged batcave roughly.

Volcano: Volcano is there, and will erupt during Summer. Maybe located on the ROG mainland.

Seasons: Autumn & Mild combined, Summer & Dry combined, Spring & Monsoon combined, Winter & Hurricane alternating?

Archived