Don't Starve not working, XP

To verify the cache, right click on the game in Steam, go to properties, then the local files tab, then click on "Verify integrity of game cache."Out of curiosity, are you trying to play it on a non-widescreen monitor?

Have you tried forcing windowed mode through the configuration file?

Go to the location of Don't Starve's data files (I believe it's in C:\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve in XP), open settings.ini with a text editor, change fullscreen = true to fullscreen = false, then save it.

I've heard of Don't Starve having some issues running in XP before. If that doesn't work, make a bug report over here so the devs can help you.

Edited by Syd

Have you tried forcing windowed mode through the configuration file?Go to the location of Don't Starve's data files (I believe it's in C:\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve in XP), open settings.ini with a text editor, change fullscreen = true to fullscreen = false, then save it.

I can verify windows xp works with don't starve on my laptop. It is even an older laptop with an Intel vid card. It will not work in full screen but I can live with it. Edited by ChristianS

They fixed the no fullscreen in windows xp in one of the latest updates, you have to edit the ini file though to get it to work.

Editing the file didn't work in the past, but it does now.

Check out this > link for details.