Gesyer Farm

Hello, today I was trying to finish my Steam Geyser farm that should make me some oxygen and power but I've runed onto a problem - I have 2 Hydrogen Generators connected to the same Gas Pipe, but the Hydrogen goes only to one of them... ALL THE TIME

I don't really know what did I make wrong but if you guys can tell me or suggest any other more efficient designs for this type of farms, I would be very happy.

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-09-25 21-01-08-57.bmp

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-09-25 21-01-27-58.bmp

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-09-25 21-01-32-43.bmp

6 hours ago, Eryk601 said:

Hello, today I was trying to finish my Steam Geyser farm that should make me some oxygen and power but I've runed onto a problem - I have 2 Hydrogen Generators connected to the same Gas Pipe, but the Hydrogen goes only to one of them... ALL THE TIME

I don't really know what did I make wrong but if you guys can tell me or suggest any other more efficient designs for this type of farms, I would be very happy.

Disconnect the pipe after the left-most generators input.

yea, your piping is very wasteful, you've got two places where you're venting hydrogen into this room and then pumping it from the room; those hydrogen lines could just merge into your input line to your gas filter on the left there.  then like lifegrow said, that weird gas line going off the picture on the bottom left is messing up your flow, got to get rid of it.  try totally rethinking your gas piping going forward, it's wasteful to vent and then repump gas once you have it in a pipe, try to get it to it's final destination in one pipe if you can.

10 minutes ago, trukogre said:

yea, your piping is very wasteful, you've got two places where you're venting hydrogen into this room and then pumping it from the room; those hydrogen lines could just merge into your input line to your gas filter on the left there.  then like lifegrow said, that weird gas line going off the picture on the bottom left is messing up your flow, got to get rid of it.  try totally rethinking your gas piping going forward, it's wasteful to vent and then repump gas once you have it in a pipe, try to get it to it's final destination in one pipe if you can.

I'd imagine the temporary pump above his setup is just that - temporary. I think they were collecting some handy local hydrogen :) 

28 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I'd imagine the temporary pump above his setup is just that - temporary. I think they were collecting some handy local hydrogen :) 

If you want to ask him whether that's temporary, ask him.  There's no reason for you and me to discuss the issue.  I don't care whether that's a temporary pump or not, it's not my base.

1 minute ago, trukogre said:

If you want to ask him whether that's temporary, ask him.  There's no reason for you and me to discuss the issue.  I don't care whether that's a temporary pump or not, it's not my base.

Calm your titties, the single manual gen and no inline battery made it pretty obvious :) Don't need to ask, just need to look at the pictures :D 

2 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Calm your titties, the single manual gen and no inline battery made it pretty obvious :) Don't need to ask, just need to look at the pictures :D 

I don't care whether it's a temporary pump.  It's not my base.  Telling someone to calm down when they say they don't care is both nonsensical and rude.  If I don't care, than why would I be other than calm?

5 minutes ago, trukogre said:

I don't care whether it's a temporary pump.  It's not my base.  Not sure how many times I need to say that for you to hear it.

Yeah but it sort of matters because you said : 

47 minutes ago, trukogre said:

yea, your piping is very wasteful, you've got two places where you're venting hydrogen into this room and then pumping it from the room

Well that's not quite true, he's venting oxygen into the room through one of his filters, and the other vent is temporary... Jesus, don't be so salty, was just pointing out that you may have mistaken the piping :)  

*Edit* Editing your post after my response shows you care a little bit surely ;) Forget it, kindly resume being calm.

5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Yeah but it sort of matters because you said : 

Well that's not quite true, he's venting oxygen into the room through one of his filters, and the other vent is temporary... Jesus, don't be so salty, was just pointing out that you may have mistaken the piping :)  

There are three vents in the room, not two.  The vent you refer to, where he's pumping oxygen back into the room, is yet another inefficiency in addition to the one I mentioned before, that's true.  All three of those vents are unnecessary.

Just now, trukogre said:

There are three vents in the room, not two.

Yes, and as I mentioned - the green output is oxygen, and there are only electrolyzers in the room...

I'm not saying the piping is effective, but it would work - the issue is that piece of pipe below the hydrogen gen as mentioned in @GreatGameDota initial response.

There are 5 green outputs in the room, and not all of them are oxygen, sorry.  Even if we only look at green outputs specifically from filters in the room, there are 2, and only one of them is "oxygen".

"I'm not saying the piping is effective, but it would work - the issue is that piece of pipe below the hydrogen gen"

That's exactly what I already said.  Try reading to the end  before responding next time.

3 minutes ago, trukogre said:

There are 5 green outputs in the room, and not all of the are oxygen, sorry.

"I'm not saying the piping is effective, but it would work - the issue is that piece of pipe below the hydrogen gen"

That's exactly what I already said.  Try reading to the end  before responding next time.

2 of those green outputs are pumps, one is a bridge, you're being pathetic now ;) 

I read to the end of your post, but telling someone to "totally rethink their piping" without providing an insightful example isn't all that helpful, and honestly I find it hard to keep up with your incessant editing :D Either way, OP has their answer now so feel free to go about your way being calm as ever. Don't worry about your shaking white knuckles, that just means you're extra calm...

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

2 of those green outputs are pumps, one is a bridge, you're being pathetic now ;) 

I read to the end of your post, but telling someone to "totally rethink their piping" without providing an insightful example isn't all that helpful, and honestly I find it hard to keep up with your incessant editing :D Either way, OP has their answer now so feel free to go about your way being calm as ever. Don't worry about your shaking white knuckles, that just means you're extra calm...

Typical Lifegrow post, be wrong five times, throw a bunch of insults when you realize it, then throw shade that I'm not being helpful *enough*.  Doesn't take much help to outperform a bag of tired insults.  Sod off, I know you streamers like to spend all day insulting each other but I'm not interested.

20 minutes ago, trukogre said:

Typical Lifegrow post, be wrong five times, throw a bunch of insults when you realize it, then throw shade that I'm not being helpful *enough*.  Doesn't take much help to outperform a bag of tired insults.  Sod off, I know you streamers like to spend all day insulting each other but I'm not interested.

giphy.gif

Best of luck OP, give me a shout if you get stuck.

8 hours ago, trukogre said:

8 hours ago, trukogre said:

I don't care whether it's a temporary pump.  It's not my base.  Telling someone to calm down when they say they don't care is both nonsensical and rude.  If I don't care, than why would I be other than calm?

Yea because these posts show your *calm*.

13 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

That's right, I was removing some Hydrogen from areas that it shouldn't be in with 2 pipes - 1 above and 1 below the farm. :D

15 hours ago, GreatGameDota said:

Two things, put a battery on that second hydrogen generator's line. And fix the piping away from that first generator so the piping doesn't go through it which can cause problems. Let me know if that helps :)

Thanks for great feedback! :D

Archived