gas pipes taking freezing damage

So how do you stop gas pipes from taking freezing damage when you are trying to liquefy  gasses?  Think I have tried almost every type of pipe but they all start to take damage at about 37c below.  There must be a way as I have seen set ups that liquefy hydrogen, and that must get cooler then -37c

You have to cool a gas that doesn't turn into a liquid at the temperature you need to liquefy the target gas and then mix them in a room.

The most common cooling gas would be hydrogen, unless of course you are trying to liquefy hydrogen then I'm not too sure.

I don't understand what you mean?  I should have been more specific, I am trying to solidify chlorine, I am pumping it in from a chrloine filled space and then running it through 3 thermal regulator, but after the third one the pipes freeze.

not sure that makes any sense, but I will give that a try, so.

1) fill an insulated room with hydrogen and cool it to around 120 below,

2) then pump that gas into the insulated room where the chlorine is,

3) and the cold hydrogen will solidify the chlorine.

Thanks, It would be easier if we could chat somewhere so the member don't have to read though all this, thanks again

Just now, Pi2 said:

not sure that makes any sense, but I will give that a try, so.

1) fill an insulated room with hydrogen and cool it to around 120 below,

2) then pump that gas into the insulated room where the chlorine is,

3) and the cold hydrogen will solidify the chlorine.

You can do it without bringing the gases into contact, just run pipes with really cold hydrogen through an insulated room with chlorine in it (you can connect the pipes to a thermo regulator to keep it cold enough, also make sure to build all parts of the pipe that are outside of the chlorine room out of abyssalite.

6 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

If you only want to liquefy the chlorine you can also use wheezeworts, but they won't be enough to freeze it, I'm pretty sure wheezeworts stifle before it gets cold enough for that.

I am pretty sure that chlorine goes into a solid state before a gas state when cooling it

NO, I am wrong on that

Archived