Germ Update, Thoughts so far

• Food poisoning dying at 75% per cycle is too easy.

• There seems to be a bit too much algae in the world after the germs update. Oxygen is really not an issue anymore. even if only using deoxydizers.

• Dupes keep putting algae with slime lung inside the deoxydizer, when there's perfectly fine clean algae available. You need a minimum of 3 ore scrubbers (since the ore scrubber removes only about 1/3 of disease on the ores) on the entrance to the slime biom to prevent this.

• Ores that emitt gasses should stop emitting for a bit while being carried. If i want to use a Hand sanitized in my base my dupes carry the bleach stone and leave little splotches of chlorine everywhere. These splotches, besides being unaesthetic, sometimes even stifled my plants, because of how little air pressure they have.

• (This one might only apply to a custom game with weak immunity system) I understand this is intentional, but going into slime bioms is a real drag since the germ update. Your dupes become hosts the minute the breath in polluted oxygen with slime lung. Trying to filter the polluted oxygen inside the slime biom is not possible, since both water and slime emit it. When the dupe immunity falls below 50% i have to pull them out and hope it doesn't go all the way to 0% by the time their immunity kills off the hosts' slime lung. Constantly having to check the dupe immunity and to play a game of pause/resume for going in the slime biom kind of disrupts the flow of the game.

Additionally:
Insulated doors that can separate  the temperature between rooms? To do this now you have to create a vacuum lock between the rooms using two doors and a pump. Dupes are slowed down by the two doors and this sucks up quiet a bit of power if you add mechanized doors.

Doors that can keep gas pressure/content between two areas, but still letting the dupes pass? It's possible with a water lock, but that raises dupe stress (getting soaked) and feels like abuse of the way water behaves.

5 hours ago, OxygenLover69 said:

These splotches, besides being unaesthetic, sometimes even stifled my plants, because of how little air pressure they have.

Actually I believe that wasn't just the pressure, but also the fact that plants have atmosphere requirements now (mealwood and bristle blossoms for example only grow in O2, polluted O2 and CO2)

Archived