The water filter doesn't do anything to the germs

I kind of expected the water filter to filter the germs of the polluted water that would, at least in part, make it polluted in the first place.  I didn't post it as a bug because I can be wrong since I might have not been paying attention but I'm sure I can replicate this using debug mode.  I suppose it could be that the developers did not intend for the water filter to remove germs but then using the water filter is just not that useful unless you are already far enough into the game where you can heat up water to kill off the germs and any other issues following this.

22 minutes ago, anosu said:

I suppose it could be that the developers did not intend for the water filter to remove germs

correct.  Germ removal was basically supposed to be the tepidizer's job.

For most applications you don't really need germ-free water.  microbe musher is pretty much the only one I think.  maybe shower if it had an actual benefit.  So use raw meal lice, or move on to cooking station.

22 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

Germ removal was basically supposed to be the tepidizer's job.

While this is true, hearing the name water filter sounds like germ removal.  Besides, the water filter only receives polluted water which has germs and breaks if you feed it water.  Due to this, I don't find it unreasonable to change the water filter so it removes germs but that is just my suggestion.

Filters in real life dont remove germs. If you make a sand charcoal filter it doesnt sanitize the water, it only removes particulate, you still have to boil it to kill the bacteria, its the same in game.

17 hours ago, BlueV said:

Filters in real life dont remove germs. If you make a sand charcoal filter it doesnt sanitize the water, it only removes particulate, you still have to boil it to kill the bacteria, its the same in game.

Thanks.  I learned something today.

Archived