The ONI Wiki on Gamepedia

Is this the official wiki? Is there an official wiki?

So the development team has decided to use a countdown timer for the next update. It would be nice if the editors of the wiki would pursue this in the same manner. I'm not holding my breath but they do have a window now. I don't mean to be condescending in this regard - it's fairly difficult to find reliable information on in game items unless you're actually in the game. And editing help data into some sort of wiki is a task in itself.

Which leads me to wonder about the highlighting in the game. There are certain words highlighted in the game - this leads me to believe that there is supposed to be an in game help system - but there's only tool tips. Is an in game help system something that's been planned?

Equally importantly, the game makes you research the buildings before you know anything about their technical needs - usually why I turn to a wiki to begin with, why waste the time if you don't have the supporting infrastructure or even the need.

(And I know, just research everything and you'll have everything you need to know. And never mind the tragedies that happen along the way. )

It's Alpha, I know. What are the odds of something changing right? ( Huge ), all the more reason to keep on top of things? - it's maddening to watch youtubers explain how something is supposed to work or question how it works or mess it up it all together and not get anything right.

So it's understandably an unusual request but it might help if the dev's could throw wiki editors a bone in the future and parse out the relevant strings for all the buildings for fast access - the strings_template.pot file is there, but it isn't cohesive enough to form any relevant wiki data for the buildings, progression, research, etc. I mean, there's verbatim tool tips that could be scraped from it, but only a human can tie it all together into a wiki in it's current state.

RIght now it appears that gamepedia isn't officially a thing, they've got advertisements spattered all over the game info. Is there a better source?

From my understanding, most of it was Rezecib's work, and entirely community-driven. It isn't very thorough.

The ONI community itself is actually really quite small, so using the forums and in-game debug mode is probably the best way to find stuff out.

Archived