Transferring magma with abyssalite bottlers

So one of the first thoughts that I had when the liquid bottler and bottle emptier mechanics were first shown on a stream was whether it'd be possible to use them to move magma if they're made of abyssalite. I forgot about it and didn't remember it until now so I tried it and to my surprise it was actually possible to enable auto-bottling for magma.
20170825221035_1.thumb.jpg.123740998b34316be4f6ed160320e52b.jpg
I have yet to get far enough in a normal save file to try this out, but considering that dupes only slowly take damage from magma, it should be possible to actually move it this way. Which is interesting, because previously it wasn't possible at all, as none of the pump building materials that are currently available in the game can withstand magma.
So I guess you can move magma now, thanks to the magic of primitive hand pumps.

17 hours ago, Michi01 said:

So one of the first thoughts that I had when the liquid bottler and bottle emptier mechanics were first shown on a stream was whether it'd be possible to use them to move magma if they're made of abyssalite. I forgot about it and didn't remember it until now so I tried it and to my surprise it was actually possible to enable auto-bottling for magma.
20170825221035_1.thumb.jpg.123740998b34316be4f6ed160320e52b.jpg
I have yet to get far enough in a normal save file to try this out, but considering that dupes only slowly take damage from magma, it should be possible to actually move it this way. Which is interesting, because previously it wasn't possible at all, as none of the pump building materials that are currently available in the game can withstand magma.
So I guess you can move magma now, thanks to the magic of primitive hand pumps.

Yeah this was pointed out on the closed forums a little while back - personally i'm not a fan, and i'm hoping it'll be removed... Seems to completely undermine the dangers of magma :D 

Archived