Mod for growing hair on head instead of beard?

I'm creating a character, who will be bald, and I want to give him the ability to grow hair on his head instead of his face. I'm sure that's possible, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I'm not a programmer, so I'll need some guidance. Thanks guys!

Hey, I found an easy solution for this, as I'm attempting a similar thing with m character. All you have to do is follow the beard mod tutorial, then add this code into your scripts\prefabs\character.lua file. Under 'local function onload(inst)' add 'inst.AnimState:SetMultiSymbolExchange("beard", "hairpigtails")'
This will swap the positions of the character's beard and hair, then you can simply draw the character's beard as if it were their hair. I just figured this out, so if you encounter any problems, let me know, because I'll probably face these issues too.

Alternatively you just need to make additional hair and hair_hat symbols to override your default symbol with, this is the same way beard textures are done. You can even use the beard component, just do the symboloverride for hair and hair_hat. This way you get the bounciness of the hair symbol, assuming you want the symbol on the back, if you want it in the front you could just use the beard symbol. You will need to understand how pivots work so your textures are placed in the correct position.

• Like 1