Air Temp Control

Does anyone know effective ways to cool large areas from 30+ temps down to 22ish when you don't seem to have ice binome's around, or you have ruined its coldness?

Maintaining temp and keeping on either side of an insulated wall seems pretty complex to me currently.

Thanks

This depends on what you're trying to cool. For example if you're trying to create an environment for mealwood, then the mealwood itself helps stabilize it around it's ideal and your primary goal is proper insulation with abyssalite tiles and making sure it has good air pressure. If you are looking for something more direct you have basically 3 options in combination of good insulation. Radiators, Piping in cold gas, and wheezeworts.

With Radiators you can use liquids or gasses.  There are no devices that directly cool liquids so their application can require some luck regarding having liquids of  the right temperature in abundance. (Though there are exploits that let you sort of cheat this process to create indefinite liquid cooling). For gasses you have the option of using Thermo regulators that remove heat from processed gasses piped to them and take that heat energy onto themselves. This means that the regulators will probably need to be cooled in some fashion as well. In either case you will pipe you liquid or gas around with a conductive material like granite creating a loop that covers as much area as possible.

You can also just pump the warm air out of the room you want to cool, send it through a regular and then pipe it back in to condition the air directly.

Wheezeworts are energy free plants that you can put in planters that will chill air around them. They're more effective if they process a gas like hydrogen so sometimes these are used in conjunction with regulators where you put the thermo regulator in a hydrogen filled room with wheezeworts and pump cooled hydrogen around in a radiator.

If you're more specific about what you want to do people can probably offer you more specific advice.  The community seems pretty helpful.

I only use insulated abyssalite walls to separate my main areas such as electrolyzers, main base and generator/battery rooms. I use two to three radiators to cool down the oxygen from the electrolyzers and pump it via not insulated wolframite pipes through the main base. At least it seem to stabilize overall temperatures.

ya for me its trying to keep the head from my power plants and cooking under control and not spreading to the rest of my base over time.

Ive tried the radiator thing and putting my battery's and cooking and thermo regulators in the ice areas, but after about 30 cycles that ice area ends up having an avg temp of -8, which sucks to try and make wheat.

Unfortunately, outside of wheezeworts, nothing about the cold biome produces cold. So as you pump heat into them, they will thaw. This is particular true of sleet wheat which wrecked two cold biomes before I learned. I like to put my thermo regulators in hydrogen filled insulated rooms with 1 to 2 wheeze worts per regulator to make things cold but there are other strategies.

Archived