Keep loosing air pressure with a sealed base?

I'm on Cycle 48 of my fist game and I keep loosing air pressure for no good reason, i have built airlock at every exit and walled off the entire building, I have air scrubbers and the plants that produce O2 and the O2 thing you get at the start of the game but i can keep feeding them agile as I'm almost out, I just cant understand were the air pressure is going, either there is something i dont understand about this game or my save is bugged? I need to know or im going to go insane trying to save my base

I was under the impression i could just recycle CO2 with the scrubber and not need to produce O2 continually, also I'm hesitant to use the electrolyzer as I'm not sure what to do with the hydrogen, just a thought we should be able to burn it for power generation if we can't do so already

There is a hydrogen generator in the game.  The hydrogen, being less dense than oxygen, will float to the top of your base.  You will want to build a gas pump and filter the hydrogen into the generator when you switch to the electrolyzer.

Personally, I prefer a closed system when I switch from algae to electrolyzers.  If you're already running out of algae, your dupes won't have time to set this up.  Here are some screenshots of the system I use.

The circuit is isolated from the rest of the colony.  For power, there is the hydrogen generator, 3 manual generators, and 12 large batteries.  The potential power consumption is 720 W, so the hydrogen waste from the electrolyzer is usually enough to keep the batteries charged.  Every 10 cycles or so, the dupes jump on the manual generators to top off the batteries.

20170611170013_1.jpg

20170611165838_1.jpg

20170611170234_1.jpg

20170611170823_1.jpg

4 hours ago, kato1144 said:

I was under the impression i could just recycle CO2 with the scrubber and not need to produce O2 continually, also I'm hesitant to use the electrolyzer as I'm not sure what to do with the hydrogen, just a thought we should be able to burn it for power generation if we can't do so already

Scrubber destroys CO2. Dupes breaths 100g/s O2 and breaths out 2g/s of CO2. 

21 minutes ago, NanoD said:

Scrubber destroys CO2. Dupes breaths 100g/s O2 and breaths out 2g/s of CO2. 

so the scrubber destroys the air, and here i just thought it took out the carbon and sent out 02, and dupes also do this take in 100g/s of 02 and ex spell 2g/s of CO2, if thats the case how does any one sustain a base for the foreseeable future?

Hey,

The scrubber does indeed "destroy air" by creating poluted water, your dupes will also destroy some but I find that on my base the biggest culprit for low air pressure are usually the 20+ mealworm plants as they will very easily consume all the air (any gas as far as I know) in their room (which makes is challenging to keep the air pressure above 750g for the Ideal Pressure effect but is also a way to get rid of CO2 if you are low on water).

Also, O2 generation through Algae is very inefficient and you should try to move from Algae to Electrolize ASAP (around cycle 15), this will consume water to produce Hydrogen and massive ammounts of O2. This was what allowed me to go on for long enough to find the steam/water geiser.

Like someone mentioned above, if you are already running out of Algae you might not have time to set everything completely up but you should be able to build 1x water pump and 1x eletrolizer (and maybe 1 dedicated manual generator if you need the power). Just make sure you have some way for the gas to move to the top of your base otherwise it will hamper your O2 generation due to the room pressure being at "max".

Once you find the steam/water geiser you should be fine, it provides enough water to run 2x Eletrolizer (enough O2 for 16 dupes) in addition to toilets and the air scrubber (for poluted water > food / fertilizer > natural gas).

Good luck!

Archived