I don't see any bug there. Too little information shown, the guy doesn't even complain about anything, the less he goes to investigate or show relevant overlays. Most probably they just are piped wrong.

2 hours ago, CodingKitteh said:

This happens when pipes run through output tiles. The game doesn't seem to have a combine flow mechanic programmed in for these tiles. They do for T-junctions on any pipes, e.g. 750 g + 500 g of gas to a 1000 g maximum + 250 g after

No idea what you're saying. Without wrong intent, i'll go say Uhhh-hu and nod my head. 
My best guess of what you say is that there was a water backwash and "Uller" stepped quickly into another shower. As any other sane person would do in the real world with options.

Just like real life plumbing, the pro's can solve this one for me. 

On 6/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, Threehorns said:

No idea what you're saying. Without wrong intent, i'll go say Uhhh-hu and nod my head. 
My best guess of what you say is that there was a water backwash and "Uller" stepped quickly into another shower. As any other sane person would do in the real world with options.

Just like real life plumbing, the pro's can solve this one for me. 

Forum - Shower setup.png

At present, most building outputs won't add a packet to the pipe if the pipe segment under the output isn't empty, even if it contains the same element the output is trying to add and the packet is small enough that the full amount to be added can be added to it. It's not exactly a bug, but it cerainly is room for improvement in the game.

With exception of valves and bridges which act in a specific way that allows all kinds of "pipe logic" tricks, I believe the outputs could be changed so that if the pipe isn't empty but the element in it is the same and there's room for the material to be added, it will be added.

@CodingKitteh, tyvm.

That is so much more understandable for my little brains.
And it makes it also clear why it works.
That extra piping gets the function of reservoir
With each block, i assume, the size of 1kg ... or residual of 1kg.

At least better than using the shower floor as reservoir .... :)

Cheers,

Archived