Endgame or major goal needed- Spaceship!

Hey all,

The only major thing I see missing right now is some type of goal or endgame. I get about 200 cycles in, and just lose interest, because there's nothing pushing me when I get a colony perfectly stable. I kinda had a funny one, but in the beginning, we just "appear on a new planet".....so wouldn't the goal be to get back to the Dupe's planet? lol

Could we come up with a way to add something into the research phase or an actual building set like a "rocket station" to build and develop, while keeping the most amount of dupes alive as possible...

It would obviously be designed so that it takes a TON of resources. Afterall, it would be an endgame. So if it takes you 350 cycles to do it, it would drive you to complete "that planet". I think it would even add replay value! 

Heck, the ideas are flowing now! maybe you could fix one rare complaint I have as well! Maybe one thing that the potential rocket ship's fuel....maybe its based in Chlorine somehow! That would actual motivate a collection and control system to the chlorine! (That is just a nuisance to avoid only, currently)

So maybe collection of fuel, massive mineral resources to build the ship, and maybe one other tag....like technology to power the ship's electronics, and you could blast off with your dupes and .....YOU WIN!

I'm no developer by any means, but since all the major building blocks are already practically in the game, and all you'd have to organize is a couple more buildings, and a "storage" system for item collection, it doesn't look like it would be terribly difficult to do this! (Hopefully a Klei friend can clear up that optimism....lol)

Anyone else want a goal to shoot for?

I don't know, rocket ship doesn't compel me all that much, personally.

I was wanting a 'hardcore' mode where you could never refuse a dupe.  The game would immediately be paused when new dupes became available, until you chose and accepted one.  Then people could compete to see who could have the largest number of dupes/most dupe-days/most days without dupe death, etc.  Unfortunately I think the lag from high dupe numbers probably makes that impractical. 

Given the non-implemented elements that are in evidence here and there, it seems like the tech tree still has a long ways to go, maybe all the way into nuclear.  And I think that could probably take it far enough for most people, really, along with new mobs, maybe alien incursions, and so forth.  I'd imagine, in Don't Strave fashion, that there will never be a true 'end game'.

Given that we know real FTL is likely impossible (Alcubierre not withstanding) one of the ides for colonizing distant worlds is to send a small probe that can essentially grow a human - and I'm sure this is what the Printing Pod is inspired by. So given that, the build a ship and rescue yourself (or just leave) theme doesn't really wash. The asteroid is the end goal. But the other big idea floating around is capture an asteroid and turn it into a ship - so I could see excavating my way topside, building a control room, power and engines to steer the entire thing around. Then you could pull up to another entire map and set out to excavate it from your secure base. Rinse and repeat.

I already accept every dupe I have made it past cycle 100 once so far, I also run a polluted oxygen free base. Try that NckBulLLetZZ, Most people who reach cycle 200+ only have about 12 or so dupes so I can see why you lose interest, you have no instability as your needs are always increasing, the more efficient you get the more you let down your guard until something creeps up on you.

Ok, actually, I like this Idea. Could be a separate game mode, or something, on par with an endless mode, like currently.

Kind of reminds me the civilization games where you win by building a spaceship. :)

23 hours ago, Bargeral said:

Given that we know real FTL is likely impossible

Oh, our grandchildren would laugh so hard at this :D
Einstein in 1934 did not believe the atom could be split.

Archived