Has anyone successfully refined metals?

There seems to be an existing framework that allows metal ores (copper, iron, wolframite, gold amalgam) turn into: copper, steel, tungsten, mercury, and gold. You can even craft the thermo regulators and mesh tiles out of steel (currently the best option; 125°C overheat temp with really high thermal conductivity).

The only thing is has anyone achieved this?

I believe it's possible since there are magma pools above the temperature for the melting point of iron ore (and also lower melting metals).

It seems with the current number of metals, tungsten is the hardest one to get due to it being of the highest melting point. How do I raise the temperature to even begin melting metals around 1000°C? (...not the liquid tepidizer method...)

On 6/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, CodingKitteh said:

You can even craft the thermo regulators and mesh tiles out of steel (currently the best option; 125°C overheat temp with really high thermal conductivity).

Can anyone confirm this? I didn't think you could use any of the refined metals...

Goddamn it, i may have another project...

On 6/6/2017 at 9:25 PM, caffeinated21 said:

Can anyone confirm this? I didn't think you could use any of the refined metals...

Goddamn it, i may have another project...

This game is... drug.

You can use refined metals provided you can form them naturally in the game first. The game dynamics are there and exist but in order to get steel, you must make it first :). There is also wolframite->tungsten, gold amalgam -> gold, copper ore -> copper, iron ore -> iron.

Iron has a comparative heat conductivity to most metals (tungsten is best)

Archived