Let's talk high-wattage cables.

Point one) I'm fine with the fact that it shouldn't be used near places where dupes relax or stay a lot of time, but on another hand it's hard to use them in "industrial" zones, too, because you can't build them over walls and doors. I'm fine with walls, but shouldn't be there any way to transfer them over doors? All dedicated production/industrial zones are tend to be locked out from outside zones dues to precise temperature/gas requirements, and sometimes you have to place a lot of transformers to let small wires get in the room. It's easy to cheat current wattage mechanics ATM, because transformers don't consume any wattage, but it'll not stick forever (right?).

Point two) first thing I thought about hi-watt cables that I could use them as a twisted wire bundle. I.e. connect normal wires to wire bundle without risk of overpowering it. So I was thinking, what if we could have an industrial transformator, that could separate 10kWT into 10x1kWT wires using a wire bundle. I.e. you connect a hi-watt wire from power sources to industrial transofrmator, and using bundled wire you transfer power to 10 other sources all over your base.

How crazy would that be?

28 minutes ago, avilmask said:

you can't build them over walls and doors

Wire bridge can be used on heavy watt wires. You can pull it through walls and doors that way. And I believe it's not a bug, it's meant to stay because you can't get rid of the wire's decor impact with it, there's always piece of the wire on either side of the door/wall.

9 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Wire bridge can be used on heavy watt wires. You can pull it through walls and doors that way. And I believe it's not a bug, it's meant to stay because you can't get rid of the wire's decor impact with it, there's always piece of the wire on either side of the door/wall.

Oh, it's a work around alright.  Should give it a try, thank you.

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Wire bridges can be severely exploited in their current form.

They have no wall limitations. Cost same as simple wire, but cover 3 tiles for this cost. And cant be build into merged heavy-watt power grids(bridge+1 heavy wire block) at considerable lower price, while maintaining heavy-watt power capacity and substantially lesser decor penalty(4 heavy-watts will give huge stacked penalties in large area, while 1 heavy-watt plus 1 bridge will be merely a fraction of that).

41 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

Cost same as simple wire, but cover 3 tiles for this cost.

They actually cover one tile - the middle one. You need to build a piece of wire under each end of the bridge. And you will end up with very consufing power grid overlay. You save some material with heavy wire, yes. Not that much, as you need to build 2/3 of the heavy wire anyway.

Archived