I couldn't find anything in the search to +1, which I found surprising, but I'd love it if the fabrication station could craft dive suits. I've got a lake in my base and wanted to put a pump at the bottom, but now there's no way to do that. Having a dive suit would be amazing so that a duplicant could go as far as needed in water for a limited amount of time. Or just at least farther than normal.

I know what you mean, you might have to put a pump as deep as you can and move it when the pool drains more. Otherwise what about trying to build walls down, it will displace the water and possibly make it possible to build the pump in a way?

The limit on underwater reach was discussed many times already, it's kind of strange when compared with how long dupes can hold their breath. They don't need diving suits, it rather needs different handling of underwater motion. I would be all for unlimited reach (limited only by their breath holding capability) but with slowdown down to 10% of their normal moving speed when underwater.

Someone else suggested a progression from wading boots to wetsuits to hard-helmeted diving apparatus in another thread, but I can't find it presently.

Dupes seem to be unaffected by water except for the breath-holding and the Soggy/Sopping Wet effects. Maybe that's partially down to animation; one would expect some water-treading and so forth when interacting with deep water.

Yeah, up until recently (when this lake issue came up) I thought amphibious meant they could go as far as they wanted under water, but apparently I guess it's more a speed difference. Kind of makes the amphibious trait worthless to me now, as I haven't really noticed a speed difference between dupes in the water anyways.

Archived