Feature Request: Stop that!

Simply put:  The ability to give a dupe a metaphoric slap in the face.  It makes them instantly stop what they're doing and go immediately where you tell them.  Balance this out with a long cooldown.  To be used when the dupe should be doing anything other than what they're doing.

I doubt anyone that has played hasn't at some point wanted to reach into the screen and strangle a particular dupe.  This would also be a potential  and sorely needed balance to binge eater.

3 hours ago, Void of Winter said:

Simply put:  The ability to give a dupe a metaphoric slap in the face.  It makes them instantly stop what they're doing and go immediately where you tell them.

Have you tried the Move command? No cooldown involved, even. I'm not sure if it works on Binge Eater when acting, though. I would assume it should but I may be wrong. It's a while since I had to see any stress response in my play.

Making him do what you want him to do might be another issue, though. Dupes have certain approach to jobs you and the base plan for them and they will follow that approach, not your intuition.

37 minutes ago, Void of Winter said:

Yup.  They just sit there and keep eating, ignoring you entirely.

Oh you mean it for Binge Eaters. I guess it's about the only case where it doesn't work.

Have you tried the Consumables menu? In the worst case, making other dupes to disable the food storage, or move the food to an access controlled room can help.

Archived