Natural Gas Geysers

I have been playing for some time now and have got my oxygen and food situation somewhat under control but I have a problem when trying to find a Natural gas geyser.

After watching a couple videos it seems like they spawn in the slime biome so i have been exploring them in hopes of finding one but i have been unable to find so far.

Therefor I would like some help which I am sure one of you guys could answer

• Does the Natural gas geyser spawn only in the slime biome?
  • I know that the water geyser makes a bending metal sound when zooming in on it, but is the same true for a Natural gas geyser?
  • Are they supposed to be burried, and if so, is there any specific material they are more keen to be burried in?
  • Are there any other signs that could lead me on a trail to one?

I have found 2 places on the map in 2 different slime biomes where it made a metal creaking/bending sound but it turned out to be empty.

So far i have digged out almost 2 entire slime biomes + a little of the abbysalite biome.

Im on 80tons of Gold amalgam, to give you a picture of how much i have digged for this.

I can only speak for the single map that I've been playing since I got the game upon early release.  I know of four natural gas geysers currently on my map.  Two are adjacent to one slime biome, two adjacent to another.  One of them I could only barely see, as it had only two exposed tiles.  I will say that the 3 I can see fully, they are all straddling the border between a slime biome and another biome.  The fourth one is on the edge of my explored area and I can't tell for sure what's on the far side, but I do suspect it is also on the border.  I don't know if that is chance, or design, but you might want to focus on the borders of the slime biomes?

HI,

When the new update came out (AGRICULTURAL UPGRADE) Did you start a new game? Old saves will still load but wont have the new stuff.

How I pick a map.

Start a new game , it creates a save point. Explore without care for anything except getting to the extremes of the starting area. Dig far right & far left, ladder to the top and bottom. If you like what you see exit, (without saving) and reload the starting spot.

Doing this i found 2 Nat gas and 2 Steam geysers in the map i am currently exploring.

Archived