ATMOSPHERE WITHOUT HUMIDITY!?

The gas simulation badly needs a revamp anyway. What's the point of having such a complex sim of physical phenomena when it doesn't even come close to acting like real gasses? All it does is frustrate people.

28 minutes ago, jirkazr said:

The gas simulation badly needs a revamp anyway. What's the point of having such a complex sim of physical phenomena when it doesn't even come close to acting like real gasses? All it does is frustrate people.

There were numerous suggestions in that direction. Devs' reaction was that any more complex simulation would have unacceptable performance impact.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

There were numerous suggestions in that direction. Devs' reaction was that any more complex simulation would have unacceptable performance impact.

With all due respect to dev's hard work, that's bovine excrement.

1) Better does not necessarily mean more complex in terms of computation. If the devs can't think of how to make a better gas simulation without increasing performance cost, I'd be more than happy to help out (I'm a developer and I have been known to tinker with physics simulation in the past).

2) If you can't make the sim work with the complexity you have (let's not sugar coat it, the gas sim is crap), then you need to simplify. Sticking to a crappy sim just because "I had this brilliant idea and my ego can't handle letting it go" is bad for everyone.

Your words, not mine. Devs are people and people aren't perfect. You can be as honest, competent and humble as you'd like and still make mistakes out of sheer mental inertia. That's not a bad quality, that's just how all people are.

25 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I guess you're welcome to go and design and implement your own game.

I'm a programmer, a mathematician, not an artist. Any game I'd make would look like a bad MSPaint picture. :D 

Feedback are allowed, criticism are allowed, i'm not just sure that saying that something is

1 hour ago, jirkazr said:

bovine excrement.

And speaking about

1 hour ago, jirkazr said:

2) If you can't make the sim work with the complexity you have (let's not sugar coat it, the gas sim is crap), then you need to simplify. Sticking to a crappy sim just because "I had this brilliant idea and my ego can't handle letting it go" is bad for everyone.

Is the best way to do a constructive criticism.
You could say that you don't like the gas sim, that your knowledge let you think that there is a better way to manage it, and that you would like it to be redone entirely, it's a criticism, and it's perfectly fine.

Archived