How to combat P.Oxygen?

Hi,

I'm finally passing by 150 cycles now but my colony is basically full of pollutex oxygen, since i don't know much about it i'd like to ask some questions :D

1 - Is it worth cleaning the oxygen ?( i heard it can cause diseases)

2 - How can i clean it?

3 - I heard somewhere that storing polluted dirt or slime with other materials would procude Polluted O², is it true? If so, storing it alone in a different compactor would solve the problem?

Diseases are not much of a concern now.

I like having clean oxygen in my base and I hate having to get rid of polluted oxygen since it doesn't go up or down, it just drifts around. Installing a ton of air deodorizers is probably the easiest solution, walling a section of the map and either making vacuum in it or filling it with other gas (e.g. CO2) to push the polluted oxygen out is another option.

Polluted dirt and slime will release polluted oxygen unless you store it under water or unless you freeze it. But the safest way is using bio distiller to convert slime to algae, and using compost to turn polluted dirt to fertilizer. It will still release a bit of polluted oxygen during the process but not much of it.

Build a liquid airlock.

20170522002914_1.jpg

This one is a bit excessive with 2 pits. You'll need the Spout and Valve there to replenish the water the Dupes steal from it. That's why the Airlock is set to lock. Dupes will take water from it without even opening the Airlock when it is set to Auto.

Archived