Heavi-watt Wire and Decor

In a game I played on the new agricultural update, I was having problems with some circuits overloading, so I started a switch to heavi-watt wire. I only did a small section down a side farm hallway to a couple of lightbulbs that then went down a short section of ladder to a battery on a level underneath. A few minutes later, I had a massive stress problem with some dupes getting above 50% (before the highest was maybe 8%).

In this new update, it turns out heavi-watt wire subtracts decor by a significant amount in a large radius around each segment. In that farm hallway, I had probably 6-7 paintings and 2 marble statues, but my decor rating was -124. Every time a dupe went to go harvest the farms their stress would go up by probably about 25% per harvest (granted these were artist dupes with high decor expectation). Even the ones that used the ladder and passed the farm section would shoot up a couple of points each pass. As soon as I replaced it with normal wire, the decor in the hallway went back to a full, bright green and dupe stress dropped back down to single digits after awhile.

I am not so sure heavi-watt wire is even worth it now with that negative decor rating. Even if it is in side hallways or rarely used areas, the radius is so large, it is going to affect other areas as well. I understand that heavi-watt wire would be seen as disgusting in a base and affect decor rating, but as far as gameplay, it just negatively affects decor too much to be worth using it.

Hide the heavy wire behind tiles (in the way of putting a line of tiles between the wire and your dupes) and use transformers to split off normal wire into your living area. Best is when you make sure that your duplicants don't have any reason to enter heavy wire areas after the initial build.

Heavy wire is not there to replace your standard wire. It's there to let you distribute your generated high wattage power before you break it up using transformers to small circuits below 1 kW. It's ugly exactly so you don't pull it all around your base.

cant place in walls but can bridge trough, bridges use less resources and less ugly so place bridges to save some resources and decor

you need to make generators which add up to 2k watts like 2 natural gas and 1 wheel

wheels need a transformer to main line, main lines need to be made from bridges, hidden in a shaft where no one visits them

i dont like the size of them, hard to place decor around, maybe 2 transformers and 3 paintings look okayish

but you need anyways 1 transformer from wheels and 1 transformer to feed other lines so hide them in a small room

i had a private room design where everybody had his own cot toilet, mess table+deodorizer, some vents, lights and between each 2 blocks 1 sculpture, total 8 wide, and paintings between, around 100 decor, the printer needs to be a 4x4 room, then a 4 wide shaft with ladders on sides, the whole printer level is 4 height, rooms start on top/bottom of it on sides, this way rooms are 4x8 and shafts can hold toilets, art and some stuff, i think transformers can fit same way somewhere, maybe use the 2x2 for switches or bridges

Archived