Ways to fix/buff hydrogen generator

Right now hydrogen generator can't be used as a reliable power source. Here are my ways to fix it:

1) Increase power production to 1200 W, that way it will produce a total of 840 W (minus 360 for gas pump and gas filter)

2) Double hydrogen storage and reduce its consumption by half

3) Add an in-built hydrogen only "gas pump" that uses 50 W and increase power generation to 850 W

Not all of those options need to be added, but I think making just one of those changes will make hydrogen generator a viable power source.

Hope you like it :D

I somewhat disagree: 1 generator can be fed per electrolyser, 3 (5, should they fix the gas pumps - which will be in the next build as I just learned) can be reliably fed from one gas pump/filter combo. Total power cost 1 water pump, 1 gas pump, 1 gas filter, 3 (5) electrolysers is 960(1200)W for a duplicant free production of 2400(4000)W.

Sounds reasonable to me, and it makes oxygen in the process...

You can set up the pump to only pump if it's in hydrogen by redirecting the other filter output to a valve set to low value that blocks the filter and the pump for a while if it collects something but hydrogen. That can save a lot of power.

You can use mechanical filter instead of powered one, that can save another bit of power.

With that, the total power output of the generator can get to about 750 W while it is running. And how much it runs depends on how much hydrogen do your electrolyzers produce which in turn depends on how many dupes does your colony have.

But it's still mainly means of getting rid of hydrogen. 

15 hours ago, Eggzotic egg said:

Right now hydrogen generator can't be used as a reliable power source. Here are my ways to fix it:

1) Increase power production to 1200 W, that way it will produce a total of 840 W (minus 360 for gas pump and gas filter)

2) Double hydrogen storage and reduce its consumption by half

3) Add an in-built hydrogen only "gas pump" that uses 50 W and increase power generation to 850 W

Not all of those options need to be added, but I think making just one of those changes will make hydrogen generator a viable power source.

Hope you like it :D

I am with Eggzotic egg here. There are ways of making this kinda work, but its really not efficient. You definetly cannot get reliable energy from electrolyzer now and its jsut annoying. I mean Hamster wheels work fine ~ 2 Wheels / 4 large batteries u get all you need. But i want to progress from that and Hydro Generator works, but not all the time, only 50% max, when you got enaugh Hydrogen. Which in IMHO is annoying.

Archived