There's a feature that's very important in colony management games and that's planning mode! We should be able to plan our colony prior to having to think of, where to slap freshly created tech in our cramped base, so please guys, I know you listen to community and a lot of people (if not everyone from community) will agree that it needs to be included ASAP.

Personally I'd suggest as simple planning tool as Prison Architect has:

• Tile plan
  • Object plan
  • "Line" plan (wires/pipes)

I slapped quick idea, how I'd see it in paint(dotnet)

20170429151025_2.jpg

There have been some discussions about this, IMHO the best idea was to have a priority of zero (which dosn't allocate resources when you paint stuff into the world and isn't worked on by duplicants) which you then can paint up with the priority tool when you're ready to execute the plan.

On 1.5.2017 at 1:31 PM, EternalGolem said:

I think that the devs should look at Prison Architect, it has a great planning mode and is of a similar game type. It makes ghost tiles as you plan, the tiles are removed once you build over them.

Which would just lead to the game forcing to paint the same stuff, again and without errors, to actuall build it.

Painting by colors, the computer game...?

Sorry, still favouring something where I can paint a big box of priority to set the implementation of my plan into motion - and be done with it.

The planning can always be done at paused game - just draw the stuff, then unpause to get it built. But for those who want other projects to be worked on while they plan, it would be really nice to have priority 0.

And it would be really nice to be able to drag planned buildings. I hate if I place a filter and to move it one tile I need to cancel it and place another. Because I need to do that many many times when planning something complex.

Archived