Could someone PLEASE make some video tutorials for DST modding?

With the amount of people modding this game, and THE SHEER AMOUNT OF GAME MECHANIC TUTORIALS OUT THERE, I'm surprised there are only a few character mod tutorials out there and nothing else. Why is this the case? A lot of everything else out there that involves programming has a ton of tutorials, so why doesn't DS/DST?

Could someone please make some? I'm struggling with more complex stuff, like the data imported into functions (where that data is stored, where that data is declared etc.) and I'm having trouble understanding how certain things work and why they need these specific functions. For instance, I'm working on the final part (even though some previous parts are incomplete) of something related to modding and it involves me changing some features of Dragonfly and I am unable to make her spawn only during Summer and then despawn if Summer were to end and not respawn until the next Summer if killed (like Antlion and Gmoose do for their respective seasons; Summer and Spring), even though I tried to use Antlion's code for reference.

I am unsure of what exactly I would like to see from these tutorials, but anything that would boost one's understanding of modding and the game's code well so that it could be applied for many other things. Mind you, I do understand the basic functionality of functions, variables, variable types, listeners, lists, statements etc. yet this seems extremely difficult for some reason, compared to the stuff I previously did.

I'm sure this could help some other people out there as well. Just looking at the code of other mods and the main code of the game isn't enough to learn things well. I've spent many hours with modding in terms of code, as well as done a lot of it before with some games and such with other languages, yet I'm still boggles when I look at half the stuff that's in a file.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

To answer the question, my guess is that explaining code is easier when you can write the code, and when people can copy it and test themselves, when a video is better for stuff like character tutorial because the code isn't the most important part, and the steps are more various so a tutorial is more helpful.

Also, i don't know for the others, but for me, english isn't my native langage. It's easier to follow a written tutorial rather than a video when i will understand half a word. Code stuff is already hard enough for me, i don't need to understand even less of the explanations. So better a text, with some images if needed, rather than a video.

For me, coding tutorial in video don't feel like the best way to share informations. But of course it could be personal taste.

5 minutes ago, Lumina said:

To answer the question, my guess is that explaining code is easier when you can write the code, and when people can copy it and test themselves, when a video is better for stuff like character tutorial because the code isn't the most important part, and the steps are more various so a tutorial is more helpful.

Also, i don't know for the others, but for me, english isn't my native langage. It's easier to follow a written tutorial rather than a video when i will understand half a word. Code stuff is already hard enough for me, i don't need to understand even less of the explanations. So better a text, with some images if needed, rather than a video.

For me, coding tutorial in video don't feel like the best way to share informations. But of course it could be personal taste.

It is personal Taste and the reason why no video tutorials out there can be pretty wide variation from auhtor to author. Some just have no time or no tools to record some just like to being alone on their workflow etc etc.. The reason can be pretty much alot depending on the author.

My personal taste is btw, videos and doing the stuff on my own then i dont have anything against written tutorials but when i see stuff i learn it better.

Edited by Deathlord Avon

Yes, of course. Not everyone feel comfortable doing video, for example. Also, character mods are the more popular so seeing tutorial about them has higher chance to happen than a tutorial about something very specific like data.

3 hours ago, Lumina said:

Yes, of course. Not everyone feel comfortable doing video, for example. Also, character mods are the more popular so seeing tutorial about them has higher chance to happen than a tutorial about something very specific like data.

Also most modders giving here direct help, even when they make some tutorial series they mostly end up directly help here again. Since the chance the people notice the tutorial series or even understand them well enough for their problem is not that high sadly.

Edited by Deathlord Avon

I wanna see how to do custom weapons.. I've been trying to make this sword for a while but I can't find a good tutorial on it.. Englisgh isn't my main language so sometimes I get confused with the words used as well.. It is dificult for me to follow through reading and the onl reason I manage to get this far was with a video tutorial and the help of a lot of people here in the forums..