Please add a max Kcal threshold to food storage objects

I would like to have more control over where my food is placed around my colony.

I think the easiest way to accomplish this right now would be to add a max Kcal or Kg threshold which we can set on ration boxes and fridges. Similar to the power threshold.

This way dupes will only store up to the limit I set on a certain container and then move on to the next available box. This would allow you to have multiple storage areas evenly spread out.

Right now the only way I have managed to spread food resources out is to create so much food that I can keep one container maxed out forcing them to move to the next one. Turns out that is a massive amount of food some of which inevitably perishes.

That's something I hadn't tried. I tend to keep my farm in one place and have been trying to distribute from there, like having supply lines.

I still think it would be nice to have the option but going compartmental would be fine too. Thank you I will try that on my next colony.

You can also try setting the priority, so to fill one you set it to 9 and the others 1 then when its full enough change it back to 1 and repeat. But yeah its a pain. Not sure how useful the threshold would be since you're the first person I know of to want one.

Yeah that would work but be fiddly.

I think it would work the same as now but you are given the option of specifying how much a container is allowed to hold.

So right now they will fill up 150Kg in a ration box. If I could limit that to 50Kg it would max out and future deliveries will target another container.

So instead of one ration box with 150Kg you could have three spread out set at 50Kg. Or one at at 100Kg and one at 50Kg etc.

Edit: Just reiterating that this is mainly about spreading food around from a central source without having to produce 600Kg of food to stock four separate ration boxes.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:57 AM, AlexRou said:

You can also try setting the priority, so to fill one you set it to 9 and the others 1 then when its full enough change it back to 1 and repeat. But yeah its a pain. Not sure how useful the threshold would be since you're the first person I know of to want one.

This wouldn't work, dupes would take food out of the priority 1 box and put it into the 9. I do this to empty my beginning ration box once I build new ones in a vaccum.

Archived