Mining blocks and Lavatory

First off, I love the game! I can't get enough! But I have a problem with mining and building tiles.  Every once in a while I'll have my dupes mine some sand or rock and a block or two will reach max mine ability and won't break. So I'll have an invisible wall or block there that can't be built upon or destroyed. Same for building tiles.  Then I have a problem with the lavatory saying that the pipes are blocked.  If someone has advice to fix the lavatory at least that would be wonderful!

Lavatories add about 5 kg of liquid every time they're used. You cannot run them on completely closed cycle, you need at least something to dump the excess. Like this:

FUDmcBN.jpg

But of course you don't have to dump that excess water, you can send it to some other use since it's already in a pipe.

One good way to do it is have the Polluted Water line split to also go to the Fertilizer. One thing that will need to be added is a Liquid Valve before the Fertilizer to limit how much goes into it because if the line is just open you will slowly run out of water for the system and have to pump more in.

42 minutes ago, vonVile said:

One thing that will need to be added is a Liquid Valve before the Fertilizer to limit how much goes into it because if the line is just open you will slowly run out of water for the system and have to pump more in.

Makers don't destroy the water, they just make unreasonably large reserve and they don't use it if the pipe is empty. When it collects 450 kg of polluted water, it will stop collecting more.

And valve won't save you in case the Maker goes out of power, or is switched off. There's no point putting a valve before the Maker.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:47 AM, Kasuha said:

Makers don't destroy the water, they just make unreasonably large reserve and they don't use it if the pipe is empty. When it collects 450 kg of polluted water, it will stop collecting more.

And valve won't save you in case the Maker goes out of power, or is switched off. There's no point putting a valve before the Maker.

If you don't use a polluted water tank at all, then a valve keeps the fertilizer flowing without you having to wait to max out the buffer. If you're min/maxing for base size then it is probably ideal to just use a tank and flood the Maker with polluted water (keeping the pipe full of huge packets that the Maker can't even consume until it has put a dent in its buffer). This is especially true because there is a massive amount of pre-polluted water already available at the start of the game.

But if you're just aiming for convenience, a tankless system with a valve works just fine. My current base works this way and doesn't even use a Water Purifier, though I am just sitting on 6 dupes and not much interested in scaling higher.

Archived