Playing Wes in DST

I loved playing Wes in DS, but have always had difficulty with Wes in DST.  The main reason for this is the higher hp of mobs in general, but especially for giants.  I typically play solo, so this makes these fights last an extremely long time.

What recommendations would you have for a Wes to play solo DST but speed up the fights with Dragonfly, Bee Queen, ect?

Gunpowder. Use that magic black pepper to nuke their big behinds into orbit, only for you to beat the crap out of their mouths when they crater back on earth(?) .

Also, don't fear the dark sword. And since you're wes, you may find domesticating an ornery beefalo with the war saddle could be quite beneficial to your fighting tactics. Just be aware they can't be armored, and once their 1K hp runs out it's up to you.

Damage from Beefalo attacks are not reduced by Wes multiplier?  I didn't consider that.  That is a good deal ^_^

Good tip @Arlesienne .  I've used Gunpowder a lot in single player, but it takes so much more in DST.  I've never used red caps or monster meat as a way to poison bearger, probably because he's an easier fight compared to the other bosses, but just considering the time it takes to fight bearger and the fact that I typically play solo (so I'm not farming small tufts) I could incorporate this to speed up the fight.  It is much easier to get stacks of red caps or monster meat than gunpowder.

Are there any other giants that can eat poison?  I know this can be done to take out werepigs, I've done stacks of red caps or monster meats during full moon into a pack of werepigs to kill them all.

Archived