make dupe finish the build task, after he delivered the material

Most likely have to play around with the Dupes logic yourself, since when you are ordering them around, other important activities will always take priority over completing the work.

Even if they bring the mats, that they could then build, if they first dug, to send those mats, they get hungry, so now they eat, so now someone else finishes it, or they get uncomfortable and want oxygen, or they have to use the bathroom, or another priority pops up like refilling the algae or bringing mats to another machine. That's why the "Emergency Alert" button exist, it forces Dupes to forgo their needs in favor of the task you set. So in that regards no matter how you set your Dupes, if their own priorities take over they will do what they desire first before setting what you prioritized for them.

Also it's why you can set priority from 1-9, it gives you control over important task. If everything is set to 9 the Dupes work like this.

There are 5 Dupes, and you set 7 different locations to work from. They tend to go to the location you set first, so the 5 move there however as the 2 work on it, the other 3 realize they can't reach any of those priorities, so they move to another location and start that priority, however if the first priority ends up opening up again I believe they run back there. In that regards I would say to play around with the priorities before you think the Dupes aren't acting as they should because it is easy to just set them to 9 and more 9, because you want it done now. So you just do 5 for normal and 9 for now. 

5 hours ago, Airget said:

Most likely have to play around with the Dupes logic yourself, since when you are ordering them around, other important activities will always take priority over completing the work.

Even if they bring the mats, that they could then build, if they first dug, to send those mats, they get hungry, so now they eat, so now someone else finishes it, or they get uncomfortable and want oxygen, or they have to use the bathroom, or another priority pops up like refilling the algae or bringing mats to another machine. That's why the "Emergency Alert" button exist, it forces Dupes to forgo their needs in favor of the task you set. So in that regards no matter how you set your Dupes, if their own priorities take over they will do what they desire first before setting what you prioritized for them.

Also it's why you can set priority from 1-9, it gives you control over important task. If everything is set to 9 the Dupes work like this.

There are 5 Dupes, and you set 7 different locations to work from. They tend to go to the location you set first, so the 5 move there however as the 2 work on it, the other 3 realize they can't reach any of those priorities, so they move to another location and start that priority, however if the first priority ends up opening up again I believe they run back there. In that regards I would say to play around with the priorities before you think the Dupes aren't acting as they should because it is easy to just set them to 9 and more 9, because you want it done now. So you just do 5 for normal and 9 for now. 

Helo :) your explanations really awsome but they talk not about "emergency alert but how they acting . My self really get annoying to . I build some thing in deep bottom + corner of the map . Everytime they do defrent dupe

Waiting to Dig

Sending mat

construction 

they have build skill over 10 i dare to bate 1% holdings breath or "do they thing" enught finish to build . Thats the poin this post oh yeah you know ? I set it 9 priority and other set 1

CMIIW

I've thought the same thing:  Why are 2 dupes delivering supplies to that ladder and then taking off while some other dupe at the other end of the map slowly wanders over (often stopping to each lunch along the way) to eventually build it?

I'm sure it's so you can prioritize 'runners' and builders for overall efficiency, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you're watching. :?

10 hours ago, tehMugwump said:

I've thought the same thing:  Why are 2 dupes delivering supplies to that ladder and then taking off while some other dupe at the other end of the map slowly wanders over (often stopping to each lunch along the way) to eventually build it?

I'm sure it's so you can prioritize 'runners' and builders for overall efficiency, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you're watching. :?

And dont forget after start working x% they go to outhouse and another end of map take a place wrh !

Archived