Dups make the mid-late game impossible.

I've currently made it to cycle 23. Everything looked strong, but quickly problems started to arrive. On cycle 17, I noticed that food was starting to run low, so I deconstructed the cookers and made a few more Microbe Mushers to boost up the calories. By cycle 21, it was only 31% complete despite the fact that the mushers were the only 9-priority objects with everything else at 1 and there being 9 duplicants. By cycle 22, most were starving to death, but things managed to get worse. The algae I had asked them to dig since cycle 11 had not been touched and, when oxygen was almost 100% gone, I dropped everything else to get that going. They harvested it. They all gathered around the Deoxidiser and...

...they put it in the container next to it, despite the fact that they had about 1kg of oxygen between them. All of them are dead now, but the pod printed one final duplicant, who has nothing to do but wait for his death as he failed to keep the power on long enough on his own to keep up oxygen production. Not that it would've helped. He had no food either.

TL;DR: The game is amazing at the start, but the seemingly random decisions made by the duplicants have been the death of me every time and have come so fast that I cant handle it or even get sanitation.

delivery jobs mess them up, one person who only does digging/harvesting/build will do more digging than 3-4 who do everything. they pick the closest job, you control them. for example musher needs water, so build it near water and dont be afraid to move it again, or make a small well near it, same for research. they waste a lot of time walking if you dont optimize.

10 hours ago, mr_anderson said:

try switching to plants for food, plants grow passively and are not as time consuming as say 'microbe musher'.

Dupes will eat Licemeal straight up after harvest, so you can have the musher making mushbars and if those run out, they can grab a licemeal.

Archived