100% thermal isolation

First I tough that every base have to be eventually destroyed by heat but maybe not...

As it is possible to put 100% vacuum around your base it makes real thermal isolation. That pump needed 15 cycles to make vacuum.

pRNsRN6.png

DfLi2Ud.png

And then you can freeze your base with thermal regulator build in vacuum area. :)

That is a rather interesting find.  I wonder if that will continue to work as of the upcoming update (seems legit to me).  If so, that actually could be a very useful method to isolate areas of your base to keep your dupes happy as they now have to deal with temperatures bothering them.  Could lead to some rather interesting base layouts.

It should work even in the update.  Temperature spreads only when there is material to move heat around.  This is how I isolate my hot areas currently.  It would be less work if there is a tile made with abyssalite.

The weakness of this build is that the water in the trap will eventually boil.

There is an alternative way to make vacuum currently.  You build a solid area out of tiles from whatever material of your choosing.  From the bottom right corner of this area, you dig 2x3 tiles in.  Then dig 3x2 tiles down while leaving a 1 tile border.  Build stairs down and fill the area with water.  When water is starting to overfill, fill in 2x1 tile of the upper left area of your excavation.  Slowly excavate away the left area of your excavation to make the U bend while continuing to fill it with water.  If done right, you will have made a nice water seal.  You can now stop adding water and build stairs and continue to excavate the interior area away.  This will result in a perfect vacuum.

Archived