Chlorine gas in water

Please consider allowing for chlorine gas to be pumped into contaminated water as a means of purification OR make a machine that pumps in chlorine gas and contaminated water to clean it. https://chem.libretexts.org/Core/Inorganic_Chemistry/Descriptive_Chemistry/Elements_Organized_by_Block/2_p-Block_Elements/Group_17%3A_The_Halogens/Chemistry_of_Chlorine for more info on interactions!!!!

You still need to filter the water, i.e. sand in our case, to make it pure. In your typical swimming pool,for example, you have chlorination AND filtration. Chlorine does not destroy organic compounds from existence, it only disrupts the processes of life. (And turns organic compounds into other organic compounds you still need to get rid of)

42 minutes ago, Minalia said:

yes you still need to filter it of course but i was more talking about a way to REMOVE THE CHLORINE as there is currently no viable method in game...

Yes there are several ways to remove chlorine in game right now, here's at least 3:

1. Put a morb in there, he will breathe it in and exhale contaminated O2.
  2. Use a pump to concentrate it in one place, and build tiles over it, which destroys underlying gases, then deconstruct the tiles.
  3. Cool it down until it becomes liquid chlorine, then mop it up, mopping destroys material forever.

the CO2 froze though!

5 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

What if they added sodium and you know ... make salt but idk what you would do with salt.

Salt... is a seasoning :3 soooo many uses for salt @_@ so so many... preservative, keep liquids from freezing, electrolytes, combine with other elements etc... *Coughs* Sodium Nitrate*

Just now, Minalia said:

the CO2 froze though!

Salt... is a seasoning :3 soooo many uses for salt @_@ so so many... preservative, keep liquids from freezing, electrolytes, combine with other elements etc... *Coughs* Sodium Nitrate*

Also sodium + water is always a fun thing to do 

1) Did you give it a solid tile to condense on nearby? This tends to make condensation faster.

2) Is the area under high pressure? The game does seem to model pressure having an effect on boiling or condensation points.

3) They may have just put in the wrong number in the database, try making it colder (just make a loop, though be aware the game will crash if it gets below absolute zero)

I made it colder, there is a 2 tile drop from the vent. For some reason heat falls when it should rise. I have a MASSIVE Heat source at the bottom of my vent chamber when that damn chamber should be ICE ***** COLD by now. It has -80C temps being pumped in yet the bottom has STEAM at 96C

Gases just don't exchange heat at all I don't think with each other, so to cool the steam, you need to grab the actual steam and put IT through the heat pump. Things only seem to exchange heat meaningfully as far as I can determine via the intermediary of solid tiles.

Archived