How to contain Pufts

Heyo,

I recently uncovered 2 pufts - and man, these things are useful. They'll filter all your contaminated oxygen - for free! - then give you slime, which can be converted into algae for more oxygen. Furthermore, Bio Distillers eject Contaminated water, which can be filtered and then used.

Anyway, I wanted to know the best way to contain these guys in a room, with things like Compost heaps and storage containers full of contaminated dirt. I don't really understand their mechanics, the wiki doesn't explain it very well. Are they attracted to Contaminated Oxygen? Or do they just float around randomly and consume whatever happens to float into their mouths? What I really want to know is: What's the best way to contain one, and prevent it from escaping?

1 minute ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Another thing: According to the wiki, if they get caught in a door, they'll suffocate. I'm not sure how true this is because I've seen them in doors often, with no effect.

I've read that as well. But I don't believe the wiki is very accurate at the moment. They list a bit of information that currently doesn't effect you the way it explains on the wiki. I'm sure it's some type of bug in-game, or maybe they changed their mind about that specific part. 

19 minutes ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Heyo,

I recently uncovered 2 pufts - and man, these things are useful. They'll filter all your contaminated oxygen - for free! - then give you slime, which can be converted into algae for more oxygen. Furthermore, Bio Distillers eject Contaminated water, which can be filtered and then used.

Anyway, I wanted to know the best way to contain these guys in a room, with things like Compost heaps and storage containers full of contaminated dirt. I don't really understand their mechanics, the wiki doesn't explain it very well. Are they attracted to Contaminated Oxygen? Or do they just float around randomly and consume whatever happens to float into their mouths? What I really want to know is: What's the best way to contain one, and prevent it from escaping?

Pufts are very fragile.
For long term storage, you need to cut them off completely from the rest of your base.
You can access the slime they drop through diagonal gaps in the floor, without having to enter the room.
Temperature is probably the biggest killer of pufts, followed by walls and doors.
Doors do kill pufts if they are closed, sometimes even if the puft is in the tile next to it.
Having a puft have no option but to press itself up against a wall tile will also (very slowly, randomly over several cycles) kill the puft.
The best way to store them is in a small, self contained room, with a diagonal floor. (In a triangle shape).
Make sure you fill in the tile that would be in the top corner, so there is no 1x1 space for the puft to get trapped in.
Also be very careful pumping in contaminated oxygen from your base into the puft room.
Again because of temperature.
To best make use of pufts, have some morbs in the same room with it, as they produce contaminated oxygen out of nothing for free.
The temperature of the morb cont.oxy is always the same, so it's safe.

Archived