Kelly Kill Issue?

falloutitchy

I know you all are busy with the Steam launch, so I understand if you can't take the time to help me figure this out, but... I've been trying to get a no-kill run of Mark of the Ninja (360) recorded. Up through level 4, no complaints, going great, but on level 5, it seems that killing Kelly counts against the "no enemies killed bonus" at the end. It marks one enemy with an X and doesn't give the 5k bonus at the end. I've got a video recorded of the run in question, and have tried a few different paths/methods since then just in case someone died along the way that I didn't notice. Any advice?

If anyone can spy an enemy kill in there somewhere, then I shall commit seppuku from shame.

Here's the video:

Thanks for the help!

• MOTD

Hey all, just wanted to update on this. Kelly and other bosses will always have an X over them when you kill them; however, they will not effect your final score.In the first version of Steam we put out, it seems that it was counting them as a kill and not giving people the bonus for some reason. So in this video you can see the X is over Kelly, not the Sniper. If you update your game on Steam, this issue should be solved! Thanks for pointing it out, I'm sure it was causing people who didn't have auto update and trying to be sneaky some confusion.

I'm playing on 360. I'd guess it's the same problem on the 360 version, but it's more difficult to patch out on that end (I've heard horror stories about the cost of patching games on 360). That's fine, I'm just glad it's not my file specifically that's borked. Thanks!I'll just have to upload the run without the bonus on that particular stage.

• MOTD

Ahhh I see. Alas, it's very unlikely this issue will get patched on the 360 in part to issues you've already mentioned. Unlike Steam where we can just push out our own updates, console is a very different beast.Technically, since you "killed" someone it's not really broken. No one will be able to get that bonus for the level, so there's no issue on leader boards or high-scores. It wasn't our original intention to have them count against the score since we force you through story to kill them, despite not making sense in the final count. Sorry for the confusion, but because of this video we found out about it so I thank you for posting it to us. If we do for some reason make another title update to 360, this would be included, but it's unlikely right now.