Air/waterlock chamber + Force fields

A 1x2 or 2x2 chamber that completely stops air/fluid flow even as Duplicants pass through. In reality such device would use pumps to exchange air/water inside the chamber before you leave on the other side, but ingame it could simply work as if it was solid tiles, as much as air and fluid are concerned - or it could literally move the gases/liquids in such a way that the gas/fluid on whichever side is open (or about to be opened) simply displaces the contents of the chamber to the other side, and vice versa.

Example:

1. Carbone Dioxide on left, Oxygen on right. Chamber is open to the right, and is filled with Oxygen.
  2. Duplicant enters from right, right door closes.
  3. Oxygen is pushed out to the right as CO2 is flowing in from the left.
  4. Left door opens, Duplicant steps out.
  5. When he goes back, or if another Duplicant requests entry from the right, the cycle is reversed.

i like the idea of Force Fields, that only allow to pass solid materials, maybe with a opportunity to allow creatures to pass or not, so i can use forcefields and gas tiles for my puff slime chamber :D so he will stay trapped and slime falls throuth the forcefield :D

This sounds too easy. Better need some sensor, something like when one doors are open others wont open or while pressure is too high/low doors stay closed. Same with water while water level too high doors stay closed or open.

Archived