Musical stress relief.

Music soothes the savage dupe. No spa deep underground in an asteroid mining facility is complete without some relaxing music to calm your nerves. 'just a small AOE from a phonograph or music box could make all the difference for a dupe border-lining on a nervous breakdown. If you really want to get fancy... how about a powered PA system so we don't have to keep cranking an antiquated device every time we want to hear a tune. This is the "Space Age" after all isn't it?  

5 minutes ago, HabdomeRaider said:

I really like the idea of a piano actually. One dupe can be assigned to play it, and other dupes nearby can be soothed.

A piano! 'things could get romantic.... Although I've never seen a piano made of sandstone, but I'm sure Science can find a way!

For big colonies. More dupe per tail relaxing, passing by dupes relaxing.
Cost 1 dupe constantly making music, heavy material(gold?) cost, end game tier.
Cool and easy to implement.

Problem: When you can just spam paints everywhere, why would you waist 1 dupe 24/7 on music?
Needs purpose. (stress relief max cap for each sources of relief?)

Instead of physical instruments, just learn to build a sequencer next to the super computer.  Use computer to unlock through research and arrange sequences - pipe them through the base with speakers.

For more customizing, let people use midi files they upload.  It takes power to play them and time to unlock them.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:15 PM, _PYRO42_ said:

Problem: When you can just spam paints everywhere, why would you waist 1 dupe 24/7 on music?
Needs purpose. (stress relief max cap for each sources of relief?)

Because with instrument you can have diffusion devices like far far away speakers that can bring stress relief to workers, plus having a way to improve some Dupe Art stat without having him to repaint and rebuild the whole base!

I love the idea of a ealry game record player that need to be cranked to charge a battery and then will play for early game and then a research that allows for a PA system that automates the process for mid-late game.

Archived