Been watching various streams (ok, that's a lie, I've been watching Volx stream) of ONI and just had a thought of some ideas. not sure if they'll work, but:

1. Stress response: Got two ideas. 

Hyperventilation. If a dupe is stressed, he/she will start to hyperventilate and use up WAY more oxygen than normal.

Crybaby (working title :p): If a dupe is stressed, they'll start to cry and slightly stress out other dupes that are around. 

2. I'm not sure how plausible this one is, but I want to see zombies, like a dead dupe suddenly walking around. crazy, I know, but I love me some zombies. 

Haven't thought of anything else yet.

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

They could play around with a concept that Half-life 2 started with(head crabs) but instead of crab, zombification could happen with mushrooms dupes ccme across.

that's a great idea! i dunno what the purpose of zomb-dupes would be. but it doesn't matter. zombies<3

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Probably for slow decomposition, like what's happening on the Walking Dead.

would still need to keep them from other dupes, though. don't want to scare the poor (adorable, big-eyed, teddy bear like) guys. 

what about the other idea i had? if i recall, at the moment there's only 2 stress responses. could use some variety. 

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

There could be phobias that could add a extra challenge to the stress levels?

corpse phobia. you'd think that'd be most people.

but really, fear of drowning (won't or reluctantly will go underwater), fear of loud noises (won't be near a place with a lot of machinery, or takes extra stress from loud sleepers), fear of heights (won't or reluctantly will go up or down ladders X amount of tiles high), those i could see work. 

Was thinking the same thing too! :D

Also, with the zombie thing, it would be funny if the deceased duplicates rose from the dead into cute zombies. But anyway being hungry should constantly affect the way they act instead of temporarily complaining about food.

15 minutes ago, MusicMayhem said:

Was thinking the same thing too! :D

Also, with the zombie thing, it would be funny if the deceased duplicates rose from the dead into cute zombies. But anyway being hungry should constantly affect the way they act instead of temporarily complaining about food.

what if zombie dupes, instead of compaining about food when hungry, immediately got stressed out and did their stress response action?

Just now, mewthemew said:

what if zombie dupes, instead of compaining about food when hungry, immediately got stressed out and did their stress response action?

Now you're talking that is pretty cool because you are forced to pay attention and do something about it. I was thinking about a custom mode (in terms of difficulty) zombies are a nice feature actually! :D 

Just now, MusicMayhem said:

Now you're talking that is pretty cool because you are forced to pay attention and do something about it. I was thinking about a custom mode (in terms of difficulty) zombies are a nice feature actually! :D 

I mean, then again, I'm just a fan of zombies in general and thinks everything could be improved with 'em ^^"

Archived