Eventually, there should be some aliens that you can explicitly tame. Especially one that looks suspiciously like a dog, but alien (three eyes, or six legs or a weird tail or strange color). You could build a special doghouse for it to stay in and the microbe musher could have a kibble recipe. And your dupes could interact with the pet for stress relief. Maybe the dog can dig, or bark at intruders or help you dupes in other small ways.

6 hours ago, HabdomeRaider said:

Eventually, there should be some aliens that you can explicitly tame. Especially one that looks suspiciously like a dog, but alien (three eyes, or six legs or a weird tail or strange color). You could build a special doghouse for it to stay in and the microbe musher could have a kibble recipe. And your dupes could interact with the pet for stress relief. Maybe the dog can dig, or bark at intruders or help you dupes in other small ways.

I've been thinking a tamable creature would be a brilliant addition. I was mainly thinking for stress relief, but I like your added suggestions of being able to dig, or "bark" to ward off intruders (morbs that appear from Dupe death, maybe?).. I feel like maybe they could even carry items (pack mule style). It would be a slightly easier addition than transportation carts.

Archived