roll back deleted world, is it possible

7 hours ago, jantonio said:

nope, its gone. *drops mic*

Whoa, there. Perhaps a lesson on rollback's time travel would be beneficial to SpeedyKiller69? Alright, so, the time you're controlling with rollback is the one within that world. Controlling time within the game itself isn't exactly a feature of the rollback, unfortunately.

How rolling back works (IIRC) is that whenever a a new day arrives and the game is saved, the old save is put into a folder. This keeps happening with 5 days at a time. When you reach day 6, the save for day 1 is removed. When the world is reset, all data relating to that world (including it's saves) are deleted permanently.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

How rolling back works (IIRC) is that whenever a a new day arrives and the game is saved, the old save is put into a folder. This keeps happening with 5 days at a time. When you reach day 6, the save for day 1 is removed. When the world is reset, all data relating to that world (including it's saves) are deleted permanently.

Actually, one could make a really nice (and useful!) mod abaut this, which keeps save files after deletion for a few (real) days.

I know it's a bit agains the principles of Don't Starve, where your world is reset immediately after dying, but it's DST after all, we have rollback, and it's not one's fault if he goes afk and dies because of this. (Which is really annoying, it happened to me too a few times. Luckyly that world was endless.)

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Actually, one could make a really nice (and useful!) mod abaut this, which keeps save files after deletion for a few (real) days.

I know it's a bit agains the principles of Don't Starve, where your world is reset immediately after dying, but it's DST after all, we have rollback, and it's not one's fault if he goes afk and dies because of this. (Which is really annoying, it happened to me too a few times. Luckyly that world was endless.)

You could write a batch script that copies the save file every eight minutes in a specified backup folder.

Archived