whassup with the decor

I'm curious who was that **** who programmed the dupes to idle ALWAYS near the lavatories and in areas with bad smell and other stuff? Why the heck do I need that decor if they NEVER idle in the area with bigger decor number? And then one wonders why SUDDENLY everyone has a 90% stress..........And please no "early access" excuses

Thank you

fucdec.jpg

Word to the wise: Berating the devs is never a good way to get your suggestion implemented.

That said, the reason (or so I assume) that dupes always idle near lavatories is because going to the bathroom is the only automatic task they do, and since there's no way to set a default 'living space' they just hang out near the last job they completed. 

I'm not sure how simple it would be to implement a default place for them to stay, but it seems like it'd be necessary eventually.

4 hours ago, Rosten said:

Word to the wise: Berating the devs is never a good way to get your suggestion implemented.

^This.
Pre-Alpha is not so much an excuse as it is the state of the game. It's going to have frustrating kinks but being rude to the devs isn't going to fix it any faster. If you don't want them to be idle at the lavatories while reducing their stress at the same time, there's simple solutions that will have to work for now; actually decorate your lavatory area (because why not stare at a painting while taking a piss?), assign the idle dupes to some massage tables, iirc you are able to move them to different areas manually.  

8 hours ago, linainverse said:

And please no "early access" excuses

This is an alpha. You should expect bugs, crashes, problems, issues and all this stuff. It's part of the deal you agree every time you launch the game, with a big screen only to warn you you will encounter bugs.

You don't like it ? It's the rare case when i will say "don't play, then". For everyone's good, including your's, because if you don't like this part of an Alpha, you shouldn't play an Alpha. Wait until the game is stable. It's perfectly ok not liking bug, or wanting a more stable version. But if this is what you are seeking for, you shouldn't play an Alpha, this is not compatible.

People here are playing the game with the knowledge that the game is still in construction, with one great side : you could bring your own pieces to help the construction. This is your feedback, your bug report. And one downside : some parts aren't solid, or aren't here, or aren't fun, or are buggy.

You must accept the downside as much as the great side, they come together, they are linked.

So please no "no "early access" excuse".

@ linainverse - this game is not in early access, if it was you could buy it directly from steam. Are there bugs... yes, which is the first thing the game tells you when you launch it. If you have issues the best suggestion I have is to post the specific issue in the bug reporting channel. Don't report 'this is f'd' report the specific issue so it can be repaired (ie coal powered generators don't need oxygen) oops.

this is NOT a bug but an imperfecton.

if you put decor into the game than make it useful. not only for the buyer's money "oooh look we made shiny statues and nice funny canvases but the guys will idle near last finished work and near ****houses but that's an alpha"

in the end i don't care, i wrote my opinion, I just wonder when you'll correct this behavior, if at all...

Its like knowingly buying raw meat and saying "hey! Its not cooked, how the hell I can eat this!" then complaining about money spend. I guess thats why no dev yet answered in this section. They dont wanna deal with such ********. Also, if you dont care(most illogical statement in whole post and it is something) stop complaining. Leave your feedback like a good boy(yes you are) and go not care somewhere else.

Archived