How the gas filter works?

Criticism is nice. Constructive criticism is better.

The initial complaint was about the 'filter'. This was explained as to why it was what it was.

Not trying to pass off what you're saying as simply complaining.

In fact, the idea of a 'filter' being attachable to the vents would fit far better in the suggestions section as its own thread.

It is simply that there was a misunderstanding on what 'filter' meant in the terms of the game. Not much more to it.

Let me just shed a little light on the gas filter, it requires 120W of power per usage, and is currently only useful for pumping out excess CO2 out of your base and efficiently pumping hydrogen into your generator to minimize oxygen loss. As gasses gain intrinsic worth through content updates, we'll see the filter get more and more use. 

4 minutes ago, Curo said:

So what I gather from this conversation is that filters cannot filter out contaminants. So I use a deodorizer to remove contaminants from the air, but what do I use to remove them from the water?

Water Purifier, or throw a dup in there and mop it up.

11 minutes ago, Curo said:

So what I gather from this conversation is that filters cannot filter out contaminants. So I use a deodorizer to remove contaminants from the air, but what do I use to remove them from the water?

Yes. Despite its name, the filter separates, and the Deodorizer 'cleans' the air.

And just be careful about that mopping dupe. They'll mop up all your water if you don't pay attention. Because apparently, they really love to go full hoss on instructions. They're like the opposite of those brooms in the Mickey short, 'Sorcerer's Apprentice'. They will take away all that water, even if it kills them.

6 minutes ago, Risu said:

Beta is when that stuff is suppose to be fleshed out. Pre-alpha is seeing if it explodes or not.

That's not really how things work. Unless you're referring to backend work that doesn't involve the public, there is no time that the overall product and how  changes affects their user base is not being considered when implementing changes.

And so we, the public, discuss what does and doesn't work, both technically and conceptually. They are inseparable. 

19 minutes ago, Globetrotter said:

it works, you can even filter contaminated oxygen if you want. but if you want to filter co2, just put the pump at the bottom rather than the top.

4.png

5.png

Ahh, you have a different version then I. That might make the difference. 

47 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

Let me just shed a little light on the gas filter, it requires 120W of power per usage, and is currently only useful for pumping out excess CO2 out of your base and efficiently pumping hydrogen into your generator to minimize oxygen loss. As gasses gain intrinsic worth through content updates, we'll see the filter get more and more use. 

Thanks for shedding some light. Every little bit helps at this stage. 

Archived