DST Mod Project "Wave Defense"

Hi guys,

I have been playing DST for a while (250hrs). This game is very good and fun.
I am planning to create a mod that doesn't alter the core game too much but add more spice to the combat/fighting and really reward the players for creating efficient farms. 
The mod will have alot of elements borrowed from diablo II and popular roguelikes.
I have a working framework of the project but I am hoping to add these additional features.
I will list the features that will be changed below.
I am hoping you guys give me some feedback and suggestions.

Changelist:
------------------------------------
///Houndwaves//////////////////////
Houndwaves - will now spawn once every 1-2 days.
Houndwaves - will spawn various mobs
Houndwaves - will have various themes that will spawn across a season.
     (ex: A spider invasion theme might start with spawning 10 spiders on the first day and eventually spawning 3-4 queens and 20 spiders on the last day)
     (ex: A Dragon warlord invasion theme might start with mermen, firehounds, dragonfly)
     (ex: A nightmare theme might have various combinations of shadow chess pieces, shadow crawler, terrorbeak)
     (ex: A santa invasion will have no eyed deers, deerclops, klaus, krampus)
Houndwaves - Bosses of the houndwaves (Queen, Bearger, Dragon, ... etc) will drop a edible item that will give the player a perk based on what the item is (ex: Guardian horn, deerclopse eyeball, royal jelly, ... etc). The perks are similar to random perks found in roguelikes like Binding of Issac)
Houndwaves - will can be altered to spawn enemies at a faster rate, further distance, with lower health (for balance)
Houndwaves - the mobs in these waves will drop doubloons that can be used. (Ex: repair weapons, )
Houndwaves - in the caves will be more difficult

///Gameplay Tweaks//////////////////
Monster Health - will be displayed.
Damage Indicators - will be added. If you damage an enemy for a specific amount, you will see that number. (I think there is mod for this already)
Extra inventory slots - for amulet/backpack will be added

///Items////////////////////////////
Special modifiers - will be given to crafted weapons/armor/amulet. Modifiers include (lightening strike, sets targets ablaze, poison damage, slows enemies, chance to spawns shadow tentacles, chance to freeze enemies, chance to fear enemies, chance to spawn tornadoes, lifesteal per hit, Increased attack speed, hit recovery). Multiple modifiers may be added to a same item. The users will be able to see what the modifiers are. The more rare a modifier is, the lower the chance of the trait spawning.
Weapon/armor repair - Weapons, armor, and amulets can be repaired using doubloons at a shop. The cost will scale based on the rarity and the quantity of modifiers on the item.
Food - certain foods will have a much lower eating time delay
Walls - maybe strengthed a little bit more and spawn with full health when placed

The effort you put into this clearly shows and congratulations for that. Yet... won't it make the game combat-oriented? Not saying no since it's a mod - only people who want such a change would use it, the rest wouldn't be forced etc. - just thinking aloud.

1. Add damage modifiers to natural monsters: Let them increase their level gradually as time goes by.

2. Introduce variants to natural monsters - They should have the ability to perform special attacks.

3. Introduce neutral mobs around the base: Players are given the option to either defend their base or to leave the area to scarvenge valuable resources from the surroundings

I like this mod's idea. It's like a tower defense game.

I'd suggest adding a structure or something that would distract (or possibly attack?) mobs, made from the same doubloons that drop from these mobs (or bought at the shop you mentioned). Also make it so that new players spawn at the existing player's base or they get their own waves depending on how long they've been on the server.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246383167

it has been made for ds + rog. it's not that great in my opinion.

the way mobs level up will eventually make it impossible to kite them because over time the attack rate will increase so maybe 1 year in it'll be tough to kite tallbirds for 2 hits and after several years passed by, forget it. you either play imma gonna hold f wigfrid and just tank away at that point or use range weapons which sucks because there's only the blow dart and boomerang that do damage in ds. fire darts/staff only lights the mob on fire and sleepdarts/icestaff don't do damage.

the waves of this mod are broken too. you get merms,pigs,tallbirds, bats, spiders, killer bees,  tree guards, spider queens, bunny man etc. so basically everything that is a threat to the player and can give chase after you. after you've outran everything on a road or with your cane you'll find that everything kills each other. merms fight pigs, tallbirds fight spiders, killer bees fight bats, etc so this aspect of the mod only supplies you with free loot and food.

at the end i'd like to say that such a mod would be nice especially if you can play it with your friends in dst. i just wanted to point out that such a mod has been made before and that there are a few issues which the author didn't think through properly.

edit: there's also a dst version of this mod on the workshop.

Edited by Ginosaji
added more info to the post