Frequent Crashing in PE- Shipwrecked

Crash Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a crash in the New iOS Shipwrecked?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY,  ANNOYED with this bug. Everytime I load the game it is all fine, but when I try to proceed from Day 37, it autosaves for a moment, and then crashes, and when I open up the game it is back to day 36. Also, when I save it manually via. Save and Exit, and loads and then puts me back to the IOS screen, I'm using IPad Mini 2, and it says it is supported, could you please fix this.

Other than the whole bug I would rate an overall 4/5 for gameplay. Thanks for porting it to IOS, just please fix these annoying bugs

I also realise it is an android forum, but there is no iOS one ._.

• Developer

Hi! We're desperately trying to track these crashes down - we can definitely see people experiencing crashes but we haven't figured out the right magic to reproduce them. It's very much on our radar, and any details people can give us on how to reproduce them are GREATLY appreciated!

As for the lack of an iOS section - good point! @JoeW, should we rename the android section to a mobile section, or make a new one for iOS?

Had the exact same problem. For me though, I'm stuck at day 23, and it doesn't matter whether I try to manually save or let the game auto save, it always crashes on that day and brings me back to my home screen, hope you guys can fix it asap. I was running the game with an iPad Air that was on iOS 9 which i later updated to 10 with the same results

On an iPad mini 2, iOS 10.2, 16gb storage, about 2.2gb free space, crashes consistently at auto save from day 22 to 23. Also had crashes earlier but switching off tides seemed to help prevent these. Have tried manual save prior to auto save but after night has passed day 22. Still crashes. No error screen, just black screen with tiny 'loading' text bottom left before it quits to iOS home screen. 

Once this crash occurs, always goes back to last save state and Groundhog Day begins again.

Also shipwreck items on start island always displays 'missing name' instead of item description when you hover over.

I am irrationally holding wind rain and hail accountable for this glitch.

I have tried new games toggling on/off cloud storage, battery saving, and send reports but makes no difference.

Initial loading of worlds takes many minutes and 30% of the time fails to load at all.

Also the icons for remaining hunger, health and sanity all look pixelated and ugly.

Soooooo frustrating as the gameplay is more challenging and interesting than original don't starve, which I am completely addicted to.

I have the same problem. I am on day 24 and every auto save it crashes and exits the game. I can restart on day 24 when reloading but it will crash and exit the game if I save and close or at the next auto save. I have an iPad mini 2. I had the same issue on day 12 previously and started a new game. 

I haven't experienced any crashing but I have been experiencing something that's about as annoying and may be related. I'm currently on day 32, and every time I go near my base the game slows down DRASTICALLY. From eating, to walking, even the music slows down. It started around day 29 and my base is quite small with no complications like turf. It's in the middle of a little sand area with no trees or any other natural objects around.

It's made the game completely unplayable seeing it's hurricane season and I can't survive without frequent visits home. Klei, you guys are amazing, but I haven't seen many people commenting on this issue. That's not to say many aren't experiencing it. I'm just curious to know if this is on your bug fix list. I can happily and patiently wait if it is as I'm still enjoying Don't Starve PE and I just bought DST 2 days ago.

I'm playing on an iPhone 7 btw, latest iOS. Thanks in advance

Archived